Western Wats - good work life balance no growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Western Wats

"good work life balance no growth"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Orem, UT
Former Employee - Software Developer in Orem, UT

I worked at Western Wats full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work life balance, nice office

Cons

expect no growth, poor salaries

Other Employee Reviews for Western Wats

1. "Western Wats/Opinionology is poor place to work."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rexburg, ID
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rexburg, ID

I worked at Western Wats full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People were fun to work with

Cons

Raises non-existent. No chance for advancement. No benefits of any kind. Massive lay-offs with little to no warning.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as valuable members of the team rather than expendable commodities.

"Work sucks but the pay and atmosphere would not bad."

Former Employee - Interviewer in Wayne, NE
    Former Employee - Interviewer in Wayne, NE

I worked at Western Wats part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was nice to get a paycheck each week. TGIF indeed when it was the beginning of the weekend and pay day. Your pay depends the number of surveys you complete and the time it takes to finish them. My supervisors were professional but very relaxed and flexible. I've screwed up a few times and they let it slide. That can't be emphasized enough, the work environment is the epitome of business casual.

I have social anxiety and it get pronounced over the phone where you cannot hear a person as well. Though after say the first month, I still felt nervous but it wasn't as paralyzing as before and you'll feel more confident as you memorize your surveys.

The schedule is very flexible, it was easy to go to school and pay rent at the same time. You can easily reschedule as well, provided its done in advance.

Cons

Your experience entirely depends on what kind of survey you are doing. The short and easy ones that take less than three minutes or the long and tedious one that take up to 45 minutes. The reality is almost ALL surveys are boring, just some are more than others. You will be bored and frustrated if you don't get a complete in two hours. There was a few times where I had zero completes in the entire six hour shift.

Some people can handle it better than others, I am not surprised the turn over rate is high. I'm surprised I managed a whole year and I'm a naturally restless person.

Sometimes you get sent home early, its a pleasant change once in a while but there are times you get sent home early day after day, for not completing enough surveys in time (which isn't always in your control) or just some silly reason. Those phases are infrequent but they do suck because money suddenly becomes tight, its almost like holding your breath.

Before I got laid off, I didn't receive a notice at all that the call center was closing down. I was fortunate to meet a supervisor in the store randomly. Maybe they didn't care because I've heard a rumor that we were the worst call center of them all. I don't know how true that is.

Overall I say this. You can't go wrong with this company, the work itself is boring as hell but almost everything else makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Except that if you're going to lay someone off, please let them know.