Westinghouse - Flexible and friendly | Glassdoor

"Flexible and friendly"

Current Employee - Drafter in Cranberry, PA
Current Employee - Drafter in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay seems to be high for this area. The flex time is a life saver to both parents with school children and young professionals that don't want to wake up at 6 am every morning. They have a ton of in house training that can really help you learn more about the field we work in along with building your resume. It is also a great location, not being down town and all.

Cons

Sometimes the work become monotonous. Most people I know that leave, which isn't many, leave because they are bored.

Advice to Management

Watch for lower management favoritism. I know it is everywhere, but there really are not to many issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Westinghouse

"Just like the comic strip Dilbert"

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time

Pros

Flexible work week. Actually has a pension. Provides an additional 2 "floating holidays" per year that are nice. The work itself is challenging and resume as well as confidence building.

Cons

Its like working for the same company Dilbert does. Forecasts are never right, disconnect between levels in the company is massive and once in a job, getting even a lateral move is unnecessarily difficult. Lacks transparency- layoffs occurred at our site with no notice, nor any notification our co-workers were gone.

Advice to Management

Cranberry and the rest of the company are not on the same page. Anytime I hear a communication coming from Cranberry it is very obvious there is no communication to between the two sites. Accounting doesn't know what Supply Chain is doing and set goals directly in conflict of one another- and we all suffer for it.
    Also why bother having a mission statement if has no impact on our goals or is never referred to?

2. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good people, pays well, interesting work

Cons

the industry is going through a slow time since Fukishima