Westinghouse - Westinghouse is an old style company that has good salary and benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Westinghouse

"Westinghouse is an old style company that has good salary and benefits"

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries in the nuclear industry,
Decent benefits and flex time programs

Cons

Good old boy management style
Stressful projects

Advice to Management

Stop the merry go round of management so that upper level as well as first line managers are experienced in their particular dicipline

Other Employee Reviews for Westinghouse

"Was a great company....."

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great compensation in comparison to the region of Pittsburgh.

Cons

No matter the amount of work that you put in or what you accomplish. You will not be appreciated. Snap judgements are made and people scramble to place the blame. Schedules are unrealistic. Knowledge is lacking. Methods are questionable. Highly unprofessional upper / middle management especially when it comes to scheduling. New CEO essentially brought on board to get the company back to higher volumes of profitability for share holders (Toshiba).

Advice to Management

Actually plan out your projects by seeking the advice of engineers who perform the work. In addition, consult, engineers before you place bids on deliverable products you have never developed!

"Just like the comic strip Dilbert"

I have been working at Westinghouse full-time

Pros

Flexible work week. Actually has a pension. Provides an additional 2 "floating holidays" per year that are nice. The work itself is challenging and resume as well as confidence building.

Cons

Its like working for the same company Dilbert does. Forecasts are never right, disconnect between levels in the company is massive and once in a job, getting even a lateral move is unnecessarily difficult. Lacks transparency- layoffs occurred at our site with no notice, nor any notification our co-workers were gone.

Advice to Management

Cranberry and the rest of the company are not on the same page. Anytime I hear a communication coming from Cranberry it is very obvious there is no communication to between the two sites. Accounting doesn't know what Supply Chain is doing and set goals directly in conflict of one another- and we all suffer for it.
    Also why bother having a mission statement if has no impact on our goals or is never referred to?