Westmed Medical Group - Over worked | Glassdoor

"Over worked"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Purchase, NY
Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Purchase, NY

Pros

Gained great relationships with pts. Salary is fair and meets job range.

Cons

Management not held accountable for misteatment of employees

Advice to Management

Learn to discern your employees. Pay more attention to concerns of staff and actively work towards making changes instead of faking it

Other Employee Reviews for Westmed Medical Group

"Overworked, under appreciated"

I worked at Westmed Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Gaining experience
    -Fast paced environment
    -connect with some good people

Cons

-Overworked
    -not appreciated for the work you do
    -personality/perception far out ways your actual work performance. You can be a great performer and do your job well, but if your personality and perception doesn't match this "cult" mentality then you are out of luck.
    -People are put into management positions who do not have the experience in managing employees or taking accountability for their actions. A manager should be able to make remedial decisions on his/her own without going to their director.
    -Salaries are not in line with market demand. Under paid for the work they expect you to do.

Advice to Management

Put capable people in management positions. Pay for the work that is expected. Base performance on the work and the results, not solely on personality. This is how you lose good people.

2. "an okay job"

Current Employee - Biller in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Biller in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Westmed Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was okay for the area - not stellar, but I've had worse at CHS. I liked my boss. Insurance was pretty good. You have a little wiggle room with scheduling - a very little - but you can come in at 7 or 8:30 am or whatever suits you. No four day weeks, though. If it snows and they DO close (they don't very much, compared to Charlotte in general) they pay you for it - no PTO used! The christmas bonus at least was GREAT.

Cons

Overwhelmingly my colleagues didn't have degrees. My boss was cool! But walking up to his desk to see him working on his homework made me feel like I was wasting my time. Training is very basic - if you have trouble, fall behind, whatever, there's no training to help - you just find out from QA or your boss that you need assistance and then they maybe let you shadow someone or maybe fire you. People didn't get fired often, but it was so secretive and weird when someone did. I was the youngest employee outside of the call center which is exhausting - I was 25 when I started and everyone else was middle aged and treated me like a toddler. I had experience with two companies over 5 years and a degree! Annoying. If you want to clock in, work medium hard, do dumb potlucks, and leave promptly at 4:30, this is pretty ok. The neighborhood is also AWFUL - right beside 77, no where to grab lunch easily. Not the end of the world, but a bummer. There's no promotions to seek there unless you want to manage people in claims work.

Advice to Management

Use your team better. When I first started, I told them what I had been doing recently - and they ignored that. Look at the experience and education of your team - maybe use that better. Or don't, and keep hiring Don Eubanks types! The pay was ok, but not special enough to inspire much loyalty.