Westpark Communications - It was a great experience | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"It was a great experience"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Westpark Communications part-time

Pros

When I arrived to be a call sales rep. I entered into a nice, professional and friendly work environment enough that I was able and comfortable recommending Westpark to others. Westpark was able to be flexible with my hours which allowed me to work, go to school and receive good pay. Overall Management was amazing, and had an open door for any issues or concerns. This was a great experience that I can take with me to other job opportunities.

Cons

I really don't have a negative remark. I do wish I didn't have to leave, but due to commute, and growing college demands it was necessary.

Westpark Communications Response

Oct 11, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much! It makes us very happy to know that we were a part of helping you achieve your personal goals of being able to work in a professional environment and go to college! We wish you... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Call Center Representative"

I have been working at Westpark Communications full-time

Pros

The work is fairly easy.

Cons

Management picks and chooses who they would like to discipline. HR department is extremely unprofessional and they will talk about you behind your back. Benefits are also horrendous.

Westpark Communications Response

Dec 26, 2018 – Human Resources Manager

We are sorry you feel this way. We use our same policies and procedures with all of our employees and never single anyone out purposefully. Management always discusses with our certified HR Manager... More

"One of my best stepping stones"

Former Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Westpark Communications full-time

Pros

Transparency, availability of overtime, great management and team lead (Laura, Lola & Wendy), friendly work environment, consistent work schedule, high morale, and just an overall great learning experience and work environment at the Houston location. The CEO was on site often, and very approachable. She even ate in our break room some times, and never failed to greet anyone with a smile or "Good Morning". Human Resources and the accountant helped out and addressed all of my concerns, even when I know I can be a bit of a worrywart at times!! I was able to increase my WPM from 35 to a current 70 WPM w/out errors! I earned and received my raises as I quickly advanced from one tier to another. I now have a job with an amazing law firm, and I know that I would not have the skill set that I have, had I not gone to Westpark and been challenged like I was during my time there. My weaknesses were exposed, and I am forever grateful for it. They are now areas I have grown in.

Cons

I honestly didn't have any while I was there.

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the bad apples. Some times, you have to let people go so they can continue to grow...or rot. But, regardless, you're doing a great job Houston!!

Discover more reviews about Westpark Communications.