Westside Mechanical - A Learning Experience | Glassdoor

"A Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Office Staff in Rolling Meadows, IL
Current Employee - Office Staff in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Westside Mechanical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual wear but no gym shoes. Decently laid back. Good Pay. Fun Group to work with. VERY giving when it comes to company picnic raffles.

Cons

This is the biggest cluster of a mess. The technicians are allowed to speak to the dispatchers in any way they please, people are very territorial over their jobs (read: no training, including any manuals) and even when you have a legit case you are not allowed to complain. I had a co-worker reprimand me who was not my boss but my equal and I was told I needed to suck it up by upper management. People here are just afraid to discipline or confront anyone and this in turn is causing some REAL issues. In general no one's job is safe and there is a very high turn over rate of office staff and techicians. You are basically left on your own which can be great, but it's also a pain because sometimes you just need a little direction. There seems to be some shady business going on as fair as who is loyal to whom. Very high school like in the drama department. It's sad because this could be a good company to work for.

Advice to Management

Your best bet would be to enforce the same rules for everyone. There may be some deal that was worked out with someone when they started but what is fair for one person is fair for another. Additionally, you cannot expect a person to strive in a position when that person is not given the tools or someone willing to help. No one is striving there because you aren't giving them the resources they need. You need to evaluate your staff and how instead of working as a team everyone is working against everyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Westside Mechanical

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Service Dispatch in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Service Dispatch in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Westside Mechanical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love Westside. Employees are treated with respect and your opinion counts! Opportunity for advancement is there and they pay really well.

Cons

You have to be a self starter and a quick learner, but the people here are more than willing to help if you have a question!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Employees like myself appreciate the opportunity to work here, develop our careers, and support our families.

"Service Manager"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Westside Mechanical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work with a quality team of individuals committed to the customer. Company allows us unlimited training, tools, and resources to train our service technicians to be the best they can be.
    Company is dedicated to performance. Company stays true to the customer in not allowing lazy employees to underserve our customers. Our former service manger was lazy. We have since upgraded to a team of professionals who care about the company, our employees and our customers and are committed to delivering the best possible service.

Cons

Any negative reviews are by fired employees, including this service manager (RS), who should have been fired. There is no place for a bad attitude, or taking advantage of a company that takes good care of you. These people are no longer here, and we are better off for it. I applaud the company for getting rid of the few bad apples who never add anything to us. They are history, and they truly contributed nothing to our collective success. Great job by management in getting rid of them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We have a team that is unified and is doing everything to make this company the best in Chicago.