Westview - Its a good place to be if you're a student, not as great if you're a teacher. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Westview

"Its a good place to be if you're a student, not as great if you're a teacher."

Former Employee - Teacher in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Teacher in San Diego, CA

Pros

It is one of the top 5 public high schools in San Diego. The teachers are overwhelmingly good, and the students are overwhelmingly pleasant and well-mannered.

Cons

The old guard. Teachers are entrenched in their courses, making it difficult to get out of the lower-levels or try new things. Dealign with some of the older teachers who believe that they are God's gift to education gets real old real fast.

Advice to Management

If you think that a policy will benefit the students, then enforce it - militantly. Give teachers the support they need when they request it. Let teachers know if parents have issues or complaints. Make sure that the administrators reviewing teachers have a clue about how to work with the specific subject matter - a former elementary school PE teacher cannot give usable advice to an AP Chem teacher.

Other Employee Reviews for Westview

1. "Used to work there managing the front desk"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Corona, CA

I worked at Westview part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at Westview was all the human contact I got . From directing people where to go or who to speak with. Also I really liked how I gave the impression I was dependable. Because Iam.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any cons to working at Westview. The staff an office is an was always up to pare.

Advice to Management

the office was great . The only thing I can say is maybe have a little more cleared area in the corners of the room .

2. "My experience has been outstanding as a Mathematics substitute Teacher at Westview."

Current Employee - Mathematics Substitute Teacher in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Mathematics Substitute Teacher in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Westview part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Students at Westview are respectful, and eager to learn. These qualities that are not usually noticed in most other high schools are attributable, mainly, to the teaching staff and the administrative staff at that high school. I have high praise for Westview high school as I have had mostly good and satisfying experiences at that High School.

Cons

I do not think that I have had any negative experiences at Westview High School. The only "negative experience" is that I am not a full-time contract mathematics teacher at Westview

Advice to Management

My advice would be to keep on running the high school as you have been and, please add me as another highly experienced, patient, and knowledgeable mathematics teacher to your well-qualified teaching staff.