Westwood College - Apply Only if Your Background is in Design and Business!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Westwood College

"Apply Only if Your Background is in Design and Business!!!"

Current Employee - Instructor in Annandale, VA
Current Employee - Instructor in Annandale, VA

I have been working at Westwood College part-time

Pros

Pay is great
Some faculty and staff are really helpful, caring and supportive
Depending on your teaching area, you will always have courses to teach

Cons

High Turn-Over rate in all departments
Depending on your teaching area, you may not have courses to teach
Some department chairs do not work well with some instructors

Advice to Management

Change is good and inevitable however staff and faculty that worked well and with others should remain in the college. Changes should also be communicated better than a one line announcement via email. There should be a balance between new and old faculty on how classes are assigned while not basing it all on who has been employed the longest considering they both do the same thing; teach courses!

Other Employee Reviews for Westwood College

1. "All about the money"

Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Westwood College as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can work from anywhere in the world with an internet connection- that's the only thing I can think of.

Cons

Absolutely no commitment to solid course design. All official communication seems to revolve around making students feel good, rather than giving them an education. Since I started there a few years ago, one course I teach has changed in no way, yet I'm now being paid half of what I was when I started. This is because the course went from 9 to 4.5 credits. This is not fair to either me nor the students, who are now doing the same amount of work for half the credits.

Advice to Management

Pay for solid course design- At least pretend you care more about the students' education than you do their cash.

"Admissions Dept in need of overhaul"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Westwood College full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The actual team members I work with are fantastic. Management was a different story. Several years ago, there was an opportunity to make more money and move around in the company. However, for the past 3 years, there have been salary freezes.

Cons

Unrealistic goals and terrible leads; Rude management personalities and micro-management with time management throughout the day. The Admissions team was required to use their 30 min break time to use the restroom.

Selling a 75K degree over the phone in 2 hours time; with all the negative press and disclosures, and consistent IT issues was not a good experience.

HR dept with little compassion for representatives - and more aligned with Director's agendas and disciplinary actions, than fairness.

Advice to Management

Start with an overhaul of your leadership team. Hire motivational, ETHICAL managers to lead your teams. Stop putting undue pressure on Admissions to produce more volume - and focus on bettering the quality of your leads and student experience. Downsize your training dept - way too many trainers for the small number of new hires you have each year. Remove the "Bathroom Break" micromanaging that is happening in Admissions... it has caused a drop in morale because people want to be treated like adults.