Wexford Health Sources - Former RN nurse Indian town florida | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wexford Health Sources

"Former RN nurse Indian town florida"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Indiantown, FL
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Indiantown, FL

I worked at Wexford Health Sources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a job that brought home a pay check

Cons

-Inadequate pay for the work expected.

-Live Rodents/dead rodents/rodent feces in exam rooms

-Out dated policies given to nursing staff & staff questioned for not following policies...

- Was expected to address and see sick call inmates with complaints dated 1-2 months before my emloyment even started I told management this was unethical....

- Was reprimaded by an LPN & acting D.O.N. because I addressed abnormal lab values that showed an elevated A1C & DX a communicable disease...In a court of law, they will not accept the fact an LPN wanted me to continue with sick call to comply with Wexford contracts with the DOC...

-No drinkable water available to staff and when one would bring in personal water bottles other staff would drink and management did nothing about it when advised I was told to "go and buy water..."
-Pure corporate liars as was not informed of the environmental hazards.... including but not limited to exposed electrical wires in bravo confinment... This was reported to management again nothing was fixed

-The highest level of unprofessional and ignorant corportate management to site management lack of training, orientation

-Insufficient supplies including but not limited to: soap, paper towels, gloves, protective gear, glucometer strips, BP cuffs, etc.. innadequate sick call room very small size of small closet no exam table no oto or opthalmoscopes etc.

- Multiple holes in celing with black and brown residue with water dripping all over medical unit floor & chux pads on floor when management was asked they said that this occured in "2004-2005 hurricanes" with multiple patches to roof that obviously did not take. ( no wonder the medical unit was hot there was multiple breaches in the celing!!!!

-Failure of management to address any of your health hazard concerns

- No fans or proper air conditioning on medical unit or in nurses exam rooms in confinement areas. When I told the acting D.O.N. I was very hot she told me it was me yet less than 100 ft away the 2 Dr's in there exam rooms had fans and the clinic nurse also had a fan because it was HOT I aksed if I could bring in a fan was told it was a security issue so I asked multiple times if they could provide me one.. I never got one...The heat was just too much for me...
-Clinical staff being managed by non-clinical management with a minimal medical background

If one likes a hot ,dirty, enviroment with lack of basic nursing supplies by all means work at this facility.

Advice to Management

Fix the roof of the medical building clean up the rodent/insect feces.Provide fans or adequate AC, drinkable water, and a clean environment for your nursing staff properly train them and provide the needed supplies for a nurse

Other Employee Reviews for Wexford Health Sources

"Former employee"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Wexford Health Sources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, zero, zilch, nonexsistent, I would say they do not deserve to be in business-please refer to WHY the State of Arizona threw them out!!

Cons

Practice medicine based on the dollar, unethical, unproessional, no respect for hard work, violate your HIPPA privacy laws, does not tolerate criticism well, does not want to hear the truth, they'll steal from you by altering the time clock.........they suck

Advice to Management

Get out of medicine

"Has been a good company to work for. I would give it 5 stars if it weren't for the retirement account constraints."

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at Wexford Health Sources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For a physician it is a good life--where else can you get paid holidays and vacation and weekends off? You are on call 24/7 but it is very rare that you would need to go in to the facility on a day off. Good pay and good local Wexford employees to work with in southern IL. Most of the staff in Pittsburgh with whom I've dealt have also been great. I worked with another correctional health company and have found Wexford to be a much better employee--more concerned with patients' health. We've been able to provide good essential healthcare to our patients, something most of them have never had. The nurses and staff assistants have a good retirement plan and I think the pay is very competitive (in this area they make much more than they could make at the hospital).

Cons

The retirement plan for non-management physicians is very poor--severely limited in what the physicians can place into retirement. I've dealt with one management person I felt was unprofessional, but overall, I have not had complaints with the management, either in IL or corporate.

Advice to Management

Need to allow physicians access to other avenues for retirement planning. I'm not certain but I believe that management has a different retirement plan. Physicians, however, are limited to putting 4% of salary into the 401k. That makes it difficult to save, which is ultimately why I'm leaving the company.