Weyerhaeuser - Until I was laid off I had a very good experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

"Until I was laid off I had a very good experience."

Former Employee - National Account Specialist in Federal Way, WA
Former Employee - National Account Specialist in Federal Way, WA

Pros

The company was flexible on schedule. I could come and go as I pleased and take days off pretty much whenever. I liked the independence.

Cons

The company was not managed well and when the economy tanked there were so many people that lost their jobs. I think they could have handled it better had they been more fiscally responsible.

Advice to Management

Be sure to give people their independence. No one likes to be micromanaged and felt like they do not know their job well enough. If you want people to succeed then do a better job of training them

Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser

1. "Okay."

Current Employee - Analyst in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Federal Way, WA

Pros

We receive fair pay, relative to other companies. This company is socially responsible, as there's focus on our community and a healthy environment.

Cons

The near term outlook is relatively dim, considering our industry (wood products, housing) and the poor market associated with it.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better by remembering the added work placed on them during lean times. They're grateful to still have a job, but don't be so arrogant / take advantage of that.

2. "Intriguing"

Current Employee - Co-Op Project Manager in Port WenTownshiporth, GA
    Current Employee - Co-Op Project Manager in Port WenTownshiporth, GA

Pros

Gave me a fantastic experience to learn and grow as and engineering student. I would say that they are very understanding of how college affects work and the other way round

Cons

The lack of ability to move around with in the company as a co-op, I am unsure if this is true for all co-ops though

Advice to Management

Make the co-op experience more well rounded by moving the students from mill to mil instead of keeping them stationary.