Weyerhaeuser - Where have all the intelligent people gone............??????? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

"Where have all the intelligent people gone............???????"

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers behaved toward and cared about each other as in a closely knit family.

Cons

Chauvenism is alive and well within the "Good Ole Boys" club at the top. No chance for women to advance except for the token few and the men aren't even afraid to say so to their faces! It's sad that the only veteran management employees left are the ones that were paid the least to begin with and really have no clue about which way to turn when they get to a new crossroad. Ethics Committee and Human Resources are in place to help management only. Do not contact them if you need the information to be kept confidential or are looking for resolution involving conflict with management.

Advice to Management

Pay men and women the exact same salaraies when they're performing the same job or even more, across the board, and you'll find yourself retaining a larger percentage of intelligent people.

Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser

1. "Integration Technical Support"

Pros

A good work life balance...

Cons

Top heavy at management level...

2. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Weyerhaeuser for 15+ years in various businesses, multiple sites/states and multiple jobs (hourly production to management.) In my experience, Weyerhaeusr is committed to ensuring a safe working environment, following strong environmental practices, maintaining great business ethics, encouraging strong community involvement, and providing competitive wages and benefits. The people I have worked with in this time care about one another, appreciate our diversity and creativitiy, are passionate about what they do and accept nothing less than the best.

Cons

Our culture seems to have changed from feeling like a small, family-like organization to a profit driven business.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on ensuring the long-term success of the company with profitability, but don't forget WHO it takes to make those result happen.