Weyerhaeuser - OK overall, stale and political leadership, lots of lifers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

"OK overall, stale and political leadership, lots of lifers"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Federal Way, WA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very focused on safety of employees. Individual teams tend to work very well together and be loyal. Very little advancement during the downturn, but a good incentive program if you are high enough up in the company.

Cons

Very political leadership team. Lots of egos and power plays. They talk a lot about growth and advancement but more words than actions. Lots of meetings that are a waste of time because the decisions are actually made with the cronies in the hallway.

Advice to Management

Corp headquarters is like a library, zero pulse. Bring some energy into the company by getting younger and diverse workforce.

Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser

"Long term career view"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the long years of employment (30 years) I was given great opportunities to have several different careers without leaving the company. Has been a good company and full of great benefits. When I started there was a great "Weyerhaeuser Family" presence and values.

Cons

Since new outside President and CEO arrived in August of 2013 the company is changing. I thought he would be a good influence and bring the company separate business on a standard approach going forward, however, in my opinion it has backfired and we are more separated than in the past. At present there is a lack of appreciation for long-term employees and recent layoffs tend to be people with 20 and 30+ years. Leaders that are being kept on not people oriented leaders, but systematic, results only leaders. This can work for a couple of years but after a while, with more and more employee benefits disappearing and this type of leadership, people will leave. This may result in a company that can only attract mediocre employees as high performers will be able to go elsewhere. The new president has NO value or appreciation for our rich history -- very sad as a long term employee. I have seen, participate and adjusted in the many, many changes at Weyerhaeuser, however, during all those changes an element of striving for financial success and caring for their employees has always been present. Yes, I have lost a lot of benefits I had when I first started but still supported the company as our core values were still in place, but for the first time in over 30 years, I would not recommend this company.

"Excellent company to work for"

Former Employee - Lumber Sales in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Lumber Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Weyerhaeuser full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and salary packages. Training and defined goals facilitate success

Cons

Very large company with many layers.

Advice to Management

Continue leading the industry in best products and services. Invest in people.