Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - WFHC is okay. | Glassdoor

"WFHC is okay."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

WFHC has a good basis for morals and mission. I enjoy the basis in Catholic teaching and the philosophy of St. Francis.

Cons

The Union limits the amount of freedom at work. The management is directed by the union, which no one can really opt out of. My coworkers, for the most part, have no direction and management is not doing anything to correct this problem. The management appears to be on the side of the patient and not he employee. The company is too focused on he problem of press ganey and not what the true problems causing press gannet scores are and how to solve them. They have pitted the nurses against the patients.

Advice to Management

Come out of the office and face the people. Work the department and learn our frustrations. Only after you work the problem can you hope to change the situation or solve the problem. You cannot inspire your staff to do better by reviewing charts. Help the staff work through the frustrations by leading through example from within the department, not your office.

Other Employee Reviews for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

1. "ne of the best opportunities i have recieved."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Pros

The best reason for me working at Wheaton Franciscan are my co-workers and my patients. It makes me happy to see that my patients are getting better and that my co-workers require my help to continue to grow.

Cons

I do believe that management can do a lot more help in guiding their assoicates and also backing up their departments when their are disputes.

2. "If you support religion in your workplace, this is for you."

Current Employee - Surgical Technologist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Surgical Technologist in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Caring and "god" centered, you should bring your respect to work with you every day.

Cons

Business is down all over, including here.

Advice to Management

Make some market improving changes and lobby more to bring in business.