Wheelhouse DMG - Mindful Management, Empowered Team, Extraordinary Culture | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Mindful Management, Empowered Team, Extraordinary Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The tight knit culture (of collaboration, mindfulness, and trust) breeds a happy team that consistently goes above and beyond for clients. Proactive management has a true "open door" policy. Community building activities and (productive!) meetings help foster the strong communication that makes Wheelhouse successful. Team members are carefully vetted for technical skill and culture fit, and every person thrives on a shared set of values. Work flexibility and learning/growth opportunities (and a great office overlooking the water) make it worthwhile even for the most objective of job seekers. Truly a gem of a workplace :)

Cons

There are no real cons (except, maybe for commuters coming from the Eastside -- the office is located in Magnolia). Worth noting: You will be challenged and held accountable for your work (and must be able to show and articulate the results of your work). You will be given lots of responsibility and autonomy. You will be required to self manage, problem solve, and always be mindful of your peers.

Advice to Management

Keep dialogue open between all staff and management -- keeping the team in the loop is empowering. Continue to manage resources appropriately so that no one gets burned out. As company grows, ensure interdepartmental collaboration and closeness.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great culture and values -- A workplace that gets it right."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Amazing leadership team
    Great sense of camaraderie
    Thoughtful values and a real commitment to fostering them every day
    Leadership gives you the time and resources to expand your skills
    Office is incredible, right on the water
    Impressive benefits for such a small company
    Very nice work/life balance

Cons

Onboarding as a new employee was a bit rough, but steps have been taken since to improve the process.

Advice to Management

When you and your employees have the same values and goals, good things happen. Keep it up as you grow, and you'll be one of the best places to work in this city.

2. "Learn A Lot and Move Quickly!"

Current Employee - SEM Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - SEM Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Wheelhouse for over a year now and I have never worked anywhere else where the President and VP of the company care so much about their employees' well being. I had little experience when I began at Wheelhouse and the President and VP took a chance on me. They gave me more responsibility than I was qualified for and trusted me to get the job done. I have grown and learned so much in one year. I'm excited to see what more I can learn in the years to come!

Cons

When I first started at Wheelhouse, communication between the Leadership Team and everyone else was lacking. But, since this was a well-known issues, many steps and processes have been put in place to make communication better.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees with the respect you already do and you'll continue to hire and retain great people!

Discover more reviews about Wheelhouse DMG.