1. "Mindful Management, Empowered Team, Extraordinary Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG full-time for less than a year

Pros

The tight knit culture (of collaboration, mindfulness, and trust) breeds a happy team that consistently goes above and beyond for clients. Proactive management has a true "open door" policy. Community building activities and (productive!) meetings help foster the strong communication that makes Wheelhouse successful. Team members are carefully vetted for technical skill and culture fit, and every person thrives on a shared set of values. Work flexibility and learning/growth opportunities (and a great office overlooking the water) make it worthwhile even for the most objective of job seekers. Truly a gem of a workplace :)

Cons

There are no real cons (except, maybe for commuters coming from the Eastside -- the office is located in Magnolia). Worth noting: You will be challenged and held accountable for your work (and must be able to show and articulate the results of your work). You will be given lots of responsibility and autonomy. You will be required to self manage, problem solve, and always be mindful of your peers.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

"Still waiting for the bad parts, but I don't think they're coming"

5.0

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wheelhouse is 100% the values they espouse. After over a year at the company, I'm still bewildered that I haven't found a "bad part" of the job. Constantly working on new and interesting things, learning from such a wide array of experts around me. Finding Wheelhouse was like finding an oasis in a desert.

Cons

Moving fast and learning new things every day may not be for some people, and it admittedly does occasionally feel like you're holding on for dear life. That - for me - is exciting and awesome.

2. "A Very Special Place!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG

Pros

Wheelhouse is filled with extremely kind, caring, and intelligent people. They place a high priority on their amazing values and it is refreshing to watch a company truly and actively stick to these values. I freelance for a few different companies, and nothing comes close to how beautifully Wheelhouse treats their customers, employees, and partners. Some unique aspects about Wheelhouse I love: -Gorgeous open, glass office space overlooking Salmon Bay & Ballard. -Management gives employees responsibility and trust. -Management shares sensitive info with employees. Love this! -Work/life balance. Lot's of flexibility. -Generosity Days where we split up into teams and volunteer for the day. -Great happy hours & parties. Excellent cocktail makers in the office. -Surprise smoked salmon & smoked black cod! -Best company out there as far as I'm concerned.

Cons

General growing pains, but that's expected.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Wheelhouse DMG.