Wheelhouse DMG - Great team, Great culture, Great clients | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great team, Great culture, Great clients"

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG full-time

Pros

I wouldn't be able to write a review like this about any other company I have worked for. Somehow I stumbled upon this company and it was like winning the lottery as far as companies to work for go. Their is a lot of talk about our values and its evident they are what make us, us. Working at Wheelhouse is inspirational to say the least, everyone is an expert at what they do. Not only is this great to learn trade skills and advance one's career but to be apart of and experience the professionalism of client/employee interaction is priceless.

Now that doesn't mean that everyday is a walk in the park. We are growing fast and everyone is asked to wear multiple hats, you may find yourself doing some work you did not sign up for. Personally I take this as a learning opportunity. There are a lot of opportunities with room to grow for one's career at Wheelhouse.

Cons

Depending where you live the commute can be a drag, but this is true for most place's in Seattle. If your living on the East side, and trying to commute to Magnolia you better have some good audio books or podcasts on hand.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and I have no doubt that you will be the MVP - Most Valuable Partner of every client as well as being the best place to work for as many people as possible.

Mar 23, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for the great review! It takes a talented team to be the MVP and our great people make it a great place to work!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Everyone is Part of the Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG full-time

Pros

Wheelhouse does something that I've only seen one other time -- that is, including clients themselves in the corporate culture, people listen and do their best and even have the guts to tell customers when the customer would get better value elsewhere. The team knows the best secret I learned in retail - customer loyalty is more valuable than a sale today.

The team's participation and eagerness to drive value for customers is key. Everyone participates in bi-weekly company checkins, retrospectives, planning sessions and feedback mechanisms. There are multiple opportunities for contributing to make it a better place. People bends over backwards to insure that everyone is taken care of and everyone works to improve the care daily. The team grows tighter daily and while it is fast paced, planning and organization skills here are unmatched - everyone is so open to feedback!

The last thing I want to mention, we do maker days here and it has made lives easier for everyone and our client work quality is excelling, guarding heads down time is critical for the type of work we do.

Did I mention the office is glass overlooking the locks and Ballard's skyline? Amazing! We provide food, people cook for each other -- just the other day someone offered to make sure I ate! There's even a boat to use!

Self motivation, smart work and generosity and care is well rewarded here.

Cons

The commute -- it's not easy unless you are in the area, however the pro's outweigh this. it is fast paced and requires an amount of discipline to self train off hours as well as on while the company is still growing and boy is it growing. While fast, the work is becoming more well defined, but still fast paced -- there's a lot of experts in the business, acronyms and words fly around that for someone entering the space, they might get lost, but this is being addressed with a training program and it does still require much effort to keep up.

Advice to Management

Everyone is doing their best and it shows -- the criticality of daily activity is decreasing and being replaced with efficiency and planning, so basically keep on searching for the best things that make companies great businesses to work for and great businesses to hire.

Mar 17, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for the thoughtful review!

2. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Wheelhouse DMG full-time

Pros

Pretty sure I'm echoing other reviews here but the culture is absolutely fantastic. Everyone is available to offer support and advice which creates a great team atmosphere. Management is also very willing to spend whatever is needed to make employees happy (food, any equipment we need/want, free take out lunches, etc...) It is also evident that everyone is fantastic at what they do which makes client interactions much less stressful. Our clients trust us and believe in us which makes for an all around successful company.

Cons

Can't think of much- typical growing pains for a small, growing company I suppose such as changing policies and procedures.

Advice to Management

Do everything possible to keep the culture as we grow! I know this is a priority which is great to see and I have no doubt that management will do everything possible to keep it that way.

Mar 17, 2016 – Vice President

Your advice reinforces our belief that our culture IS our strategy. We're committed to it for the long term!

Discover more reviews about Wheelhouse DMG.