Whidbey General Hospital - A company that has been going through a lot of cultural change in last several years. Clearly headed in right direction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whidbey General Hospital

"A company that has been going through a lot of cultural change in last several years. Clearly headed in right direction."

I have been working at Whidbey General Hospital full-time

Pros

High integrity, compassionate, skilled people providing healthcare to our community. High level of care (cancer program just won a big award, very good diagnostic imaging including breast MRI, which is unusual for a small rural hospital). Expanding programs, like hospice. Good salary and benefits (on Whidbey, that's not easy to find). Great co-workers. My boss is awesome. Flexibility in my work. Knowing this isn't just a hospital but rather an integrated network of care up and down the island. Just passed a bond for new inpatient wing and other important improvements. Patient volumes and satisfaction are increasing. This hospital will feel very different in 3-5 years. Working here I feel like I make a positive difference to the community.

Cons

Whidbey General has been inconsistent over the years in the quality of care it's provided. You'll meet one person who loves the hospital and another who would never go there again. There is too much old thinking--we've always done it a certain way, etc.

Advice to Management

Be as open, transparent and vulnerable as possible, and when you feel like you have gone as far as you can, go a bit further.

Other Employee Reviews for Whidbey General Hospital

"Hostile work environment, inefficient management, terrible place for employees to thrive."

Current Employee - Laboratory Worker in Coupeville, WA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Worker in Coupeville, WA

I have been working at Whidbey General Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and pay. Sorry cannot think of any other good reasons to work here. Almost all senior people at WGH are currently seeking employment elsewhere.

Cons

Gossip, hostile work environment, treated with disrespect and talked down to, management is inexperienced with managing people and that shows. Everyone is out for themselves, no camaraderie or real team work. No room for advancement, no quality of work.

Advice to Management

Get bought out by a company that knows what their doing and get rid of all current administrators.

2. "Wish there were more advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Patient Access in Coupeville, WA
    Current Employee - Patient Access in Coupeville, WA

I have been working at Whidbey General Hospital (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are very friendly. Always have training to improve customer service. Managers seem to really care what their employees feel. The CEO will speak to all employees no matter what level he or she is at. They are always looking for ways to improve the hospital.

Cons

Advancement opportunity is not really present.

Advice to Management

provide more advancement opportunities to employees.