Whirlpool Corporation - challenging environment and culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

"challenging environment and culture"

Current Employee - Category Manager in Benton Harbor, MI
Current Employee - Category Manager in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New product launches and emerging market

Cons

speed and agility to launch

Advice to Management

Break silo's, be agile and faster to launch product and to out perform the competition and provide quality that meets customer expectations without any complaints

Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

"Great Company"

Current Employee - IT Lead Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - IT Lead Analyst in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

100 year old company lots of investment and evolution in IT

Cons

Hard to advance. Not a lot of professional growth oppertunity for SR individual contributors

Advice to Management

Increase opportunities for career advancement

"Whirlpool - Corporate Headquarters"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work-life balance at Whirlpool is great and the pay is good. Leaders are flexible regarding family needs, illness, etc. There is a lot of opportunity to move within the company, both within your job function and into other business areas. The work is interesting and I enjoy working for a company that produces the vast majority of product they sell in the U.S., in the U.S.

Cons

Corporate headquarters is in a small town, if your spouse also works there is not much opportunity here for them. During my interview process, Whirlpool touted that they have many employees whose spouses also work at Whirlpool, talked about how they help spouses, and stated there would be great opportunities for my spouse. Once I was here, they have done nothing to help my spouse get a job. My spouse is even willing to change careers or take a step down, to get a foot in the door and contribute income to the family. My spouse never even makes it past the "rejected by outsourced recruiting company based on resume without even a call" stage. Make sure you both have a job offer before you move here. I will probably end up moving eventually so that my spouse can contribute income to the family, too. I wish I didn't have to, because I really love my job and the opportunities for me are great. But, we need two incomes long term. I understand each hiring manager wants the perfect fit, and I was naive in believing the puffing from HR during the interview process. Also, annual raises are less than the increase in the cost of living. Housing and food costs in the area are high. Company is very concerned about local community relations and supporting local businesses, so they don't put fitness centers or child care centers onsite as amenities for employees (although they have a "culture of health").