Whirlpool Corporation - Pay is great if you can stand the politics | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

"Pay is great if you can stand the politics"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Cleveland, TN
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay you enough to consider ignoring your morel compass when it comes losing your sense of team work and exploiting your individuality

Cons

Everyone is out to make themselves look better, even at the expense of others. This is a result of the promoted culture through the Personal Metrics of Performance.

Advice to Management

Not everyone thinks, acts and feels the same way. If you really want to preach diversity and inclusion, you should understand this is not strictly race and sexual preference.

Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

"Family oriented company but lacks opportunities for women and minorities"

Current Employee - Director in Benton Harbor, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Career opportunities are abundant up to the manager level. Many lateral opportunities. Ethical company that is family oriented. Good employee discounts and developmental opportunities. Excellent bonus system.

Cons

Women and minorities are under-represented at the Director and above levels of the organization and we don't see intentional actions by the company to address this. We target women as our primary customer - why wouldn't we have more women running the company? Performance reviews are a game - balance out the ratings for the distribution curve and hope you are not one of the bottom rankings this time.

Advice to Management

You want to be seen as progressive you have to look, act, sound, and feel like you and thus the company are progressive. Wishing one thing and acting another will not get you seen as contemporary as your competitors.

2. "contract designer"

Current Contractor - Mechanical Designer - PTC Creo Parametric 2 0 & Windchill 10 0 in Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Whirlpool Corporation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I perceived the Whirlpool management as the best of thirty companies in my career.
    Very well defined company standards. Well managed part naming conventions.
    Well defined engineering roles: engineers; designers; drafters

Cons

migrating software packages (Going Google; WMCS -> SAP) = short-term pain
    modelers should model and manage upper level assemblies, not spin wheels learning EN writing processes and company specs.

Advice to Management

Do not promote a long-term opportunity 6-18 months and then not renew the extendable contract for (3 of 3) contractors after four months. Economy shifts, horizons only allow to forecast work load just so far...