Whirlpool Corporation - Very positive place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

"Very positive place to work."

Current Employee - Good Fair Place to Work in Findlay, OH
Current Employee - Good Fair Place to Work in Findlay, OH

Pros

The high majority of management here at Whirlpool treat you with respect. Promotion from within is BIG here, any job openings are filled within the ranks unless no one wants it. The pay is at the high end of the scale for this area (when I tell people I work at Whirlpool, they always say "Making the big bucks, eh?") I am already making more after less than one year with Whirlpool than I was after 5 with my previous employer. Sure, there is always one moron within the ranks, but by far this has been a very positive work experience for me.

Cons

My only complaint is the fact that you must go through a temp service and work for them for a minimum of 9 months before being considered for hire at Whirlpool. It takes most temps at least 2 years as a temp to get hired in, but last year Whirlpool did more hiring than in the last 3 years combined here, so I was hired in after 9 months.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don't be afraid to ruffle some feathers, though. There are a few malcontents that bring down others that may need some "counselling".

Other Employee Reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

1. "Incompetent senior management that lacks innovation."

Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Saint Joseph, MI
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Saint Joseph, MI

Pros

Whirlpool is a very moral company with good values. They pay reasonably and the area that the company is located in is quaint.

Cons

Management is incredibly short sighted and not very bright. Always looking at reducing cost while doing idiotic things to hit their goals. There was some good talent at the director level but most of it left.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get a better picture of the whole company strategy and think about innovation. Also, we see through all their "turn it on" initiatives.

"Small-Town "Yes Man" Syndrome"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Pros

Amazing pay and benefits. Great bonuses if the company is meeting EOP plans. Great industry heritage in terms of brand recognition and value.

Cons

Due to its small-town locale, the place is infested by frightened "yes men and women." The company hires some amazing talent but leadership won't listen or trust the guidance provided. They usually say its people not working hard enough if they are told that the target numbers are too unrealistic. And, those who share that fact are put on the fast track to being demoted, fired or laid off. Accordingly, others see the repercussions of truth telling so become "yes men" to protect their jobs. The sad fact is that because this is a global headquarters located in a backwards town rivaling southern civil rights news video depictions there is no place for a disenchanted or fired employee to go for a new job. Feeling trapped but well paid, people just do and say what is expected even if it's completely illogical.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. Get fresh authority in terms of the CEO and President as soon as humanly possible. Stop hiring egotistical talent from abroad because they are the only ones willing to live in such a God forsaken area.