White Cloud Cigarettes - Insanity. | Glassdoor

"Insanity."

Pros

Compensation is better than anywhere else. The job can be fun when the management doesn't interfere.

Cons

Incompetent, constantly changing management. Ridiculous shifts (expect to work 12 hour days), chaotic scheduling. Backstabbing management who have no problem playing employees against each other. Conflicting information about the products. High turnover. Don't expect to work here very long even if you're good at it.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Clearly, you don't. Get a better insurance package, give them a structured week of shifts, and get yourselves together, because you are the most unprofessional and apathetic bunch I have ever encountered.

Other Employee Reviews for White Cloud Cigarettes

1. "White Cloud"

I worked at White Cloud Cigarettes full-time

Pros

Fun place to work, great co-workers, and free E-cigs.

Cons

Lack of communication, low pay

2. "Stifling environment for most"

Pros

In the department I worked in, I honestly can't think of anything.

I will say that they seem to have a very nurturing environment for their customer service team. I credit that to Patti, she's an excellent leader.

Cons

The reviews from this year are quite clearly written by the bloated marketing team.

White Cloud is an awful place to work. Their communication skills (i.e. ability to string together a coherent sentence) are comically bad. This is probably my top complaint.

In addition to that complaint, there are these:

- There's no direction from management, and no indication of what they want from you.

- People are hired and fired like it's nothing. In the time that I was there, we had roughly 7-10 people turn over. I was there less than a year.

- There are only two ways you'll be heard at this company: You've worked there for 3+ years, or you're a man. I hate to say it, but it's true. I got to the point where I wasn't even making suggestions for improvements because I got tired of being cut off and spoken over every time I spoke up.

- They are completely in the dark ages when it comes to technology. The only way you can contribute to the team is as a warm body in the office.

My entire career has been in the software industry. Never have I heard of a company not allowing an employee, whose job duties can be completed entirely on a computer, to do any remote work whatsoever. I'm talking to the point of having to take a vacation day if your car is in the shop.

- Since we're on the subject of vacation days, you get diddly squat. When you have worked there for an ENTIRE year, you have accrued 5 days.

But wait, there's more! The health benefits here are just awful. They only pay 60% insurance coverage FOR THE EMPLOYEE, NOT INCLUDING family or spouse. I got a better deal, with better coverage getting my own personal insurance.

I can't recall clearly, but I'm pretty certain they don't do any sort of 401k or matching, there is the basic 10k life insurance policy, and you get some free cancer cartridges every month.

I mean, I don't know that e-cigs actually cause cancer, or if they are harmful at all, and I guess it makes for a good tool to quit smoking (which I sympathize with a lot, I have a lot of loved ones who are smokers, or who died as a result of it), but they call this a benefit but it really isn't one.

And finally, the cult atmosphere. If you aren't a smoker, run. If you are a smoker and you don't feel the need to switch to e-cigs, run. Actually, if you value yourself and your sanity, run.

Run far away and as fast as you can, you'll be better off for it.

Advice to Management

You promote presence in the office as a huge asset to team strength, yet you don't set the example yourselves. There's a clear double standard in place, and probably due to the break down in communication. Furthermore, reward people who have shown good leadership and team building skills.