White Lodging - As a competitive person I thrived in the competitive culture that focuses on winning and results that is White Lodging. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for White Lodging

"As a competitive person I thrived in the competitive culture that focuses on winning and results that is White Lodging."

Former Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - General Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Honorable people such as Bruce White, Dave Sibley, and Jon Peck at the top of the organizational chart. I got a chance to work for them and believe that they are people of high integrity who are ultra competitive and have a vision of WL to be the best. That is business and that is what top performers seek. A company in which the bar is set high and the go-getters go get it.

I also think there is a great comittment to Learning Services and a great opportunity for younger people to develop skills and knowledge that will help them progress and advance through the company.

The WL corporate office is filled with wonderful, helpful, responsive people. Especially HR, Accounting, and Risk Management.

Cons

There are downsides to most companies these days as most have lost or have minimized a culture of treating people the right way. I can speak from personal experience that WL still is a company that will do the right thing every time. At least at the corporate level. The problem that all hotel companies have is they are only as good as their individual hotel leaders - their property level GM's - and sometimes I believe that the great things about WL are lost in translation at the GM level who fails to communicate the mission, vision, etc to the hotel level team members.

Advice to Management

I was honored to work for White Lodging and the only advice I can offer is to continue to care about you people and treat them as you have, with respect, compassion, and fairness.

Other Employee Reviews for White Lodging

1. "Hard working"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Company tries hard to educate and do a good job

Cons

Unbalanced work/life and high pressure to perform

Advice to Management

None

"White lodging is thoroughly mediocre"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

This company's pay seems to be average or just a little higher and they do offer pretty good benefits once you have reached 90 days.

Cons

When this company took over the hotel I worked at the took away 5 years of pay raises I had accrued even after they assured me my pay rate would remain the same. Complained of high turn over when little to no training was given to mew employees.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees, just be honest and we'll appreciate it. Also, don't complain about high turn over rates when you fail to put the time and effort into training the people you hire.