White Lodging - AGM | Glassdoor

"AGM"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at White Lodging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team work at most of the hotels.

Cons

By far once of the worst!!! I was with this company for 4 years my file was clean this was my 3 hotel and because one GM is a bully and a lair, I get fired. Going to work everyday and being bullied by your GM is great! Reporting this to HR and then being fired even better.

Advice to Management

This GM needs to man up.

Other Employee Reviews for White Lodging

"I liked everyone I worked with and the company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at White Lodging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked everyone on my sales team and enjoyed going to work everyday. It's an easy product to sell as long as you do your research, speak with confidence, and know what you're talking about. Advancement is quick if you do the right things.

Cons

If you aren't willing to relocate, advancement will take some time. I wasn't willing to relocate so wouldn't make the money I wanted as fast as I wanted it. Once I realized how long it would take me to get where I wanted to be with hotels, it made me want to get out of hotels. I pursued other opportunities and one came up that I couldn't pass.

If you aren't willing to relocate, good luck advancing quickly. At White Lodging, you don't make money with raises, you make them with promotions. No relocating, no promotions.

Advice to Management

It's ok to say GOOD JOB. Even when hitting your goals, it's never good enough here. Also, too much talk throughout the company. Everyone knows everything about everyone before you even meet them.

"Great peers/talent - poor structure for growth"

I have been working at White Lodging full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

talented peer managers, consistent company growth, adequate benefits, great customer service, quality products, excellent referral bonus

Cons

poor structure for career development, compensation for management jobs is below par, inconsistent direction from corporate executives, reviews/raises are not done in a timely manner, incentives are not paid as agreed

Advice to Management

Reward your employees for the hard work they are doing by paying fairly and constantly.... also provide opportunities for them to grow with the company so they aren't forced to look elsewhere.