White Lodging - You get out what you put in | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for White Lodging

"You get out what you put in"

Former Employee - Restaurant Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Restaurant Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at White Lodging full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High levels of employee empowerment.
Dedicated to in house training.
As long as you are willing to play ball with the company culture plenty of room for advancement.
Performs in the top of their field and the skills you learn will stick with you for life no matter your career.
Promotions come based on skill not seniority and come when you are ready, not a moment sooner. Best advice be a rock star in the job you are in and don't constantly try to prove you are suited to the one you really want. Think of it like you can't be promoted to running until you master walking.

Cons

Low work-life balance, this company is so dedicated to the guest experience that you are expected to work whenever is needed.
Job experience is variable based on the quality of you direct manager. Ex: I had a great experience in event operations working with a dedicated professional, and not so much when I moved to the restaurant with a largely absentee Director and Supervisor who only worked bankers hours unless senior management put a proverbial gun to his head.
Beware they have the capability to take advantage of ambitious people. Ex: The Starbucks at my property had a salaried manager once, but once they found that they could convince a college student or recent grad to do the same job for an hourly supervisors pay there was never a salaried manager in that operation again.

Advice to Management

Do be so hasty to pull employee perks and benefits when the economy slows down. Invest in key players for the long hall.

Other Employee Reviews for White Lodging

"Noooooo way don't do it"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Austin, TX

I have been working at White Lodging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like working to death

Cons

No promotion opportunity unless you know someone. If you're good you'll stay where you're needed

Advice to Management

Better employee care/pay

2. "Horribly disorganized"

Former Employee - Accounting in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Accounting in Chicago, IL

I worked at White Lodging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay in the Chicago Triplex.

Cons

Disorganized. They don't seem to care about training their employees at all. Worked there and hated the fact that every time I asked for clarification for policies no one, including the GM, would give me any information. It was always "we don't know, you're going to have to figure it out"; to them be held accountable. Constantly being told "I don't have time right now" whenever I needed to talk about important procedures. This place is a total joke. The concept of being proactive is complete foreign to them.

Advice to Management

Find better management.