Whitepages - Great people, interesting work, and an exciting future | Glassdoor

Featured Review

"Great people, interesting work, and an exciting future"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- I'm surrounded by smart and passionate people.
- The best parts of working for a startup: new/exciting business opportunities, ambitious goals, ability to wear a lot of hats and really make a difference
- Stability and security of a 20 year old company.
- WP actually takes their "Data for Good" line seriously, setting a high moral bar in what is often a fairly sketchy industry.
- Office kegerator + booze shelf, catered lunch or happy hour every Friday.
- Very transparent with company and departmental finances / goals / changes.
- I work 40-45 hours per week, pretty much 9-5, although I'm happy to take the occasional 7am call, and of course to travel as needed, etc.

Cons

- WP is the type of company that moves fast in reaction to new market opportunities, and sometimes things don't pan out. Thankfully it's a diverse enough company that people can often move laterally, but there have been a few strong employees who end up with short tenures.
- Perhaps not the best choice for non-drinkers. It's not that people are being compelled to drink, but there is certainly a lot of temptation all around.

Advice to Management

Frankly, just keep it up. I have a lot of respect for Rob and Jason, and agree with what they're trying to achieve with Whitepages. We've come a very long way, but we have a long way to go!

Other Employee Reviews for Whitepages

1. "Go Pro"

I worked at Whitepages full-time

Pros

Great drink selection: sodas, juices, whiskey bar, beers on tap
    Great co-workers
    Great growth on B2B

Cons

Too much talking, not enough doing

2. "Solid fast growing company with good career trajectory"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Clear company direction and goals across both Whitepages Premium and Pro business units. Team is entrepreneurial, motivated and with a sense of urgency and purpose

- Good opportunity to learn and grow in a fast growing Seattle startup. What you learn here in 2-3 years, will take you 10 at Microsoft or Amazon

Cons

- Not really a con, but if you need a lot of direction and hand-holding, this is not the place for you. It is a growing company with the pains that come with it. Not a place with all the structures and processes. You are thrown in the deep end of the pool, figure out what needs to be done, learn to do them and grow.

Advice to Management

Invest in branding. We have good products and great employees building them. I do not think as many people in Seattle know about us and all the interesting work we do.