Whitepages - Great people, interesting work, and an exciting future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whitepages

"Great people, interesting work, and an exciting future"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- I'm surrounded by smart and passionate people.
- The best parts of working for a startup: new/exciting business opportunities, ambitious goals, ability to wear a lot of hats and really make a difference
- Stability and security of a 20 year old company.
- WP actually takes their "Data for Good" line seriously, setting a high moral bar in what is often a fairly sketchy industry.
- Office kegerator + booze shelf, catered lunch or happy hour every Friday.
- Very transparent with company and departmental finances / goals / changes.
- I work 40-45 hours per week, pretty much 9-5, although I'm happy to take the occasional 7am call, and of course to travel as needed, etc.

Cons

- WP is the type of company that moves fast in reaction to new market opportunities, and sometimes things don't pan out. Thankfully it's a diverse enough company that people can often move laterally, but there have been a few strong employees who end up with short tenures.
- Perhaps not the best choice for non-drinkers. It's not that people are being compelled to drink, but there is certainly a lot of temptation all around.

Advice to Management

Frankly, just keep it up. I have a lot of respect for Rob and Jason, and agree with what they're trying to achieve with Whitepages. We've come a very long way, but we have a long way to go!

Other Employee Reviews for Whitepages

1. "Very thankful to be here!"

I have been working at Whitepages full-time

Pros

One of my favorite parts of working at Whitepages is the amount of ownership I am given. We run a small team and everyone plays a big role, which gives me a lot of excitement to come to work everyday. All of the managers I interact with are very supportive and happy to help at any time, but also give you the space and trust to get your work done. My teammates are also always willing to drop what they are doing to answer a question or help me with something. I can tell that my team and managers want to help me grow and excel here. The people overall are really great here and lots of fun to be around.

Another important "pro" of working here is that I have a great work life balance. They understand that we have lives, get sick, have to go to the doctor, need vacations, etc.

The company has evolved a lot since I started, especially since Rob became CEO, and is more focused than when I started. I am very lucky to work at such a great company!

Cons

The only "con" I can think of is that we don't really interact with other departments as much as I would like. I enjoy getting to meet others in the company, but don't have tons of opportunities to do so (outside of our bi-weekly HHs).

Advice to Management

Keep the focus we have going and 2017 will be a great year!

2. "Workplace that rewards people that go above and beyond"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Solid career progression
    -Flat-ish org structure
    -Fair compensations
    -Awesome office (snacks, standing desks, kegs, etc)

Cons

-Hard to hit sales targets on the telesales team
    -Company events are not as extravagant recently
    -No 401k matching