Whitepages - Whitepages Cares for their Employees | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Whitepages Cares for their Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Whitepages for almost two years now, working as a manager across multiple teams. I've been incredibly impressed with the senior leadership and HR team, especially how they help employees to succeed.

All managers here are empowered by senior leadership to find growth opportunities for their employees, ensuring that they have steady development. Whitepages recognizes hard work, and will be supportive towards helping employees reach their career goals. Stagnation is never a concern when working here.

Whitepages also recognizes that a work/life balance is important. In addition to great vacation and health care benefits, HR ensures that employees are aware of other assistance programs. It feels wonderful when a company appreciates you as a person; I know that Whitepages had my back, and that they are mindful of my quality of life.

Lastly, I appreciate that senior leadership provides a lot of visibility into business health. When a group has more knowledge, they'll be better equipped to make the right decisions. Thanks to this transparency, teams are able to operate efficiently, and everyone knows the importance of their contributions.

Cons

As with any organization with multiple business units, information can become silo'd. Whitepages actually does a great job of handling this: we have at least two all-hands meetings each month where we get insight into recent initiatives. The CEO keeps everyone current with a weekly summary for each unit. In-house and off-site events merge teams together for brainstorming and fun.

Whitepages does very well with cross pollination, and it should be a continued area of focus. There are a lot of very intelligent people at Whitepages, and the more that we distribute that knowledge, the better off everyone will be.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great people, growing business, rewards it's employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Amazing team of people to work with. Intelligent, motivated, encouraging & team players. It is a really energizing group of colleagues

- A great place for self-starters who want to take their professional growth & development into their own hands. Whitepages rewards people who are willing to take on responsibilities and truly own their role and success.

- A lot of hard work has gone into both our B2C and B2B products over the past few years, and the usage rate and revenue growth of both in the past 18 months is extremely encouraging. It feels like both business units are on a very strong trajectory of continued growth going forward

Cons

- Lack of a great long-term vision, or at least a vision that has been communicated. We have great individual product teams that are driving their products forward to continue the growth we have seen over the past couple of years, but there is not a cohesive vision for where we are taking the company. This can make it challenging to clearly understand what we are working towards as a greater goal.

- No 401K matching

Whitepages Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your Glassdoor review. We are happy to hear that you have seen the growth of our products and teams over the past 18 months. We will continue to share the long term goals and vision for... More

"Changes Needed"

I have been working at Whitepages full-time

Pros

- Smart, intelligent, and talented people
    - Fully stocked kitchen and alcohol
    - Nice office
    - Good for entry level jobs, bad for experienced professionals

Cons

- Management is failing to recognize changes are needed. The recent featured review on August 21 is a good example. Staged review after a couple 2 star reviews.
    - Benefits not up to par for Seattle tech environment. CEO recently called out entire company for taking PTO ("unlimited" PTO that's tracked) and working from home.
    - Authoritarian management style due to CEO's background
    - Management lacks experience and seems chaotic at times. Promotions based on appearance and not performance.
    - Management praises employees for working late hours and weekends
    - Sudden layoffs and no performance management

Advice to Management

- Start listening. Read the two star reviews. Your employees are speaking up and requesting changes through this platform.
    - Culture needs to be revamped. Respect your employee's personal lives.
    - Enhance benefits. Look at the benefits other start-ups are offering

Discover more reviews about Whitepages.