Whitepages - Great people, ok opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whitepages

"Great people, ok opportunities"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Whitepages full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and company culture

Cons

Management not always making wisest investments, slow growth

Other Employee Reviews for Whitepages

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have a great environment with awesome tech tools (I will never be able to work anywhere again without my dual 24" monitors) and you're not tied to your desk - you can work in the casual areas in a nice big comfy beanbag chair if you want. The are always opportunities to learn new things and increase your skills. For someone who is very focused on title vs. responsibility and what you do, it's probably not the right place to be, but for opportunity it's great. I've had more opportunity here and learned more here than I have at all my other jobs combined. We're profitable and don't require outside funding to explore other products, ideas or make payroll! (knowing you're going to get paid when you expect to, is awesome!) Typically the people I've seen that are unhappy here are not very motivated and lack personal accountability so they tend to flounder in this type of environment. Our all company kick off meeting is in Whistler in January for four days...what's not to like!

Cons

It takes a long time to hire engineering staff here, but mostly because our hiring bar is so high, but that can be frustrating. We don't always have enough hours in the day to do everything we want to, so that can can also be a little frustrating, but we eventually get it done.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust that the people you hired in for their expertise will get the job done right and we'll continue to be successful!

"Startup environment AND profitable. Best of both worlds!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Whitepages full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company treats their employees great. Lots of perks. Good benefits, tech gear, happy hours, lunches, training/education. I keep waiting for the honeymoon period to end! We are able to work autonomously and get things done. Yes, there is interaction with the executive team but I consider it a plus that they show an active interest in what is going on. Cool technology company and leader the space.

Cons

If you are someone that is not willing to wear multiple hats and do some of the tactical work, this is not the place for you. Be prepared to work all aspects of your job. Top to bottom.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay involved and active. It shows that you are interested and care about what happens to this company and the people.