Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great leadership, company culture, and flexible work-life balance

Mar 16, 2020 - Growth Marketing Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent leadership, great company culture, and flexible work-life balance. Being part of a small team (30ish employees) gives you the opportunity to contribute and have ownership of your work. You get to work with several other employees, and learn a lot about each part of the business. With big company goals, there is always something to work for and look forward to.

Cons

Although we have great benefits and employer HSA contributions, Whitepages does not do 401k matching.

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We’re pleased to hear that your experience has been positive and you’re learning about the business as a whole. Allowing employees to have ownership and learn from each other, as well as being able to impact our company goals is the culture we are striving to achieve. As a small organization, we have looked at how to best use funds designated toward our benefits, and though we currently don’t have a 401k match, in addition to an employer contribution to our employee’s HSA accounts, all employees participate in our bonus program based on company goals. We’ve structured the plan to allow these bonus payments to be 401k eligible, so employees can defer some of these funds for retirement if desired. We continuously evaluate our benefit offerings and appreciate your feedback as we look toward the next year. Thank you for your contributions and we're here to support your continued success!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great benefits, positive culture, smart team, and clear goals

Feb 6, 2022 - Engineering Lead in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am very happy with my decision to join the Whitepages team. The benefits are relatively great and the office is located in a central location and the layout is well-thought-out. Whitepages is remote-first, however, so there's no penalty to working from home and the quality and quantity communication and collaboration make remote working as seamless as possible. Everyone at the organization is positive and works towards solving problems in a way that is free of blame. Whitepages has done a great job of getting the right people on the bus, and they offer some flexibility about what seat someone is in depending on business needs, personal strengths, and work preferences. The organization sets clear goals on a regular basis and does a good job making sure every team and individual knows how they contribute. The core values support and encourage personal and organizational growth in a way that empowers great work without compromise.

Cons

The only cons that come to mind are wholly transient. In my relatively short time at Whitepages, I have encountered some areas that lack process and clarity. These are quickly getting resolved by the new engineering leadership and I have already seen palpable improvements.

Continue reading

Director, Human Resources

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with your decision to join. Your feedback is very valuable and we are currently working through those areas with the new engineering leadership, as you pointed out, and can already see an improvement. Thank you for your post!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome company

Nov 5, 2021 - SRE Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Diversity and equity Breadth of work

Cons

More snacks! But seriously they are still pretty good!

Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the review! Since employees have been WFH we are using SnackMagic to allow employees to select their own snacks and have them delivered to their homes, which has been very well received. Every home office needs snacks too!

Discover more reviews about Whitepages.