Whitley Penn - Best firm in Dallas! | Glassdoor

"Best firm in Dallas!"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Whitley Penn full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work hard, play hard culture! Throughout my career I have always felt like I could trust the Partners. They are very approachable and have always done everything in their power to help when I needed it. The Partners are always very honest about how the firm is doing, even in times where the economy was not doing well. If I ever left, it would be for an industry position, because there is no better firm around.

Cons

We do have high expectations of work ethic and integrity, which some people may find intimidating. We are also very growth and business development focused, which is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Make sure the staff and seniors know that your door is always open.

Other Employee Reviews for Whitley Penn

"Great if you are in Management, but everyone else is just a number including clients."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Whitley Penn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clients -Large firm so there is different expertise for many different kinds of tax issues.
    Employees - Great for career focused individuals right out of college with no responsibilities.

Cons

Whether you are a employee or a client you are truly just a number.
    The fees are very high for the work they perform and they might have a senior manager sign the return showing they did the work but really an intern did it.
    Unless you are in upper management your family and time does not matter to them. They will work you to death and get rid of you when they are done. It is extremely long hours and they do not care about your family or your personal needs.
    They have the employees fill out surveys said what a great company they are so they can get another award, but everyone is scared to tell the truth. The have competely differnet rules for every level. Turnover is very high.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about how big the company is and running the lower level employees into the ground. Treat every level the same.

"They do not appreciate their employees and the hard work that is required."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

I can't think of one.

Cons

Poor management and lack of appreciation and respect towards their employees

Advice to Management

Replace that management team