Whole Foods Market - Low Pay and Bad Benefits in I.T | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Low Pay and Bad Benefits in I.T"

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

Probably the best reason to work at Whole Foods is the work life balance. People are generally friendly and the work can be interesting.

Cons

In the I.T. department, salaries and benefits are way below average. At a benefit category 2, which covers most Programmer/Analysts I's and II's, you only get 15 days off a year. No holidays, no sick time. Just 15 days. The health care plan is one of the worst I have ever had.

Advice to Management

You are losing very good people in I.T because of salary and benefit issues. We love Whole Foods. It is so hard to drink the koolaide though when your pay and benefits are so low compared to our peers in Austin.

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Employees of Whole Foods are respected, heard, and paid well!!"

Current Employee - Sports Nutrition Specialist/Buyer in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Sports Nutrition Specialist/Buyer in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

All of the opportunity for advancement, raises, benefits, etc, are in the hands of the employees. I have never found a place that was so willing to please its employees. They want us to be happy so that we do our jobs well and help turn a profit, and it works tremendously well. I am a very happy employee, perhaps for the first time in a job ever, and I tell all of my friends to get jobs at Whole Foods. I wouldn't do that if I didn't stand behind everything that the company stands for and know that the company stands behind me too.

Cons

Truly and honestly, I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

For specific people to be more available to the employees when they're around. The store team leader is very quick and almost sneaky in the way he moves around the store. It isn't always easy to get ahold of him for help or advice, which is sometimes really necessary.

2. "Whole Foods - try it, you just might like it!!"

Former Employee - Purchasing Assistant of Meat Department in Cheshire, CT
    Former Employee - Purchasing Assistant of Meat Department in Cheshire, CT

Pros

Whole Foods is a very good company to work for. The benefits are better than any other company in which I have worked for. The employees have a say in every area of the company, they even vote every 3 years on what the benefit package should be and then the majority is the way the set up the benefits for the next 3 years. They are very family oriented, I've worked for 2 different regions and although there are some differences, for the most part it is all one big happy family, with the little quirks that you would expect to find in any family! All in all, the company is a really great company to work for, every company has it's downsides, I can honestly say though that I've never been happier working for any other company!

Cons

I have worked for 2 different regions and have found that each region isn't necessarily operating the same. That is Whole Foods though, every one in the company has a say in how things are run. I guess it's all a matter of your own personal opinions and convictions, the first region was a very family oriented region, where even our President and Vice Presidents of multiple Regional departments were in your stores multiple times a year and really cared about what the TM's had to say without Management being there! I honestly can't think of anything else that I can give input to on this subject!

Advice to Management

I would just like to say that as in any "family" there should never be favorites chosen and treated differently than others! I have seen so much of this in the past 2 years (was with the company a total of 4 years) that I have been there and it really discourages others who are trying to work towards moving up in the company!!