Whole Foods Market - cool | Glassdoor

"cool"

Current Employee - Customer Service in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get profit sharing plus the 10$ per hr and a raise every 6 mth

Cons

attendance injuries and little mistakes can be taking way to seriously, and they won't think twice about letting someone go even 5 yrs members

Advice to Management

write up should not last a whole year
mistakes happens

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Whole Foods Market is an amazing place to learn about organics, and the impact of food upon your health."

Former Employee - Concierge in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Concierge in Dallas, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Whole Foods is very clear about their company culture. Whole foods is very serious about being faithful to their culture. The stores are a fun environment. The food and products are the highest quality. The company is very multi-culti in their employees and guests. People who may not even be considered in a more mainstream work environment are welcomed and celebrated at Whole Foods. Whole Foods offers a benefits package to part-time and full-time team members that are voted on their team.
    Whole Foods rewards team members who achieve certain health goals.

Cons

Whole Foods lets all of their team members vote on what benefits will be offered. At the time I worked at this company, the team members had voted to not pay for prescriptions for mental health conditions. In my opinion this led to alot of team members that would benefit from taking their prescribed medication for mental health not taking their medications as they were not affordable. If you take prescribed medications for mental health, or even anxiety, this is not the company for you. Also, consider that you will be working with people that may not be able to afford needed medication.
    Whole Foods does offer all team members a discount on all products in the store. At the time I worked there, most team members could not afford to eat at Whole Foods.
    At the time I worked I consistently saw much older employees being given the same work to do as teenagers. There would be 60 year old women sent out to clear carts off a hot parking lot while teenage boys were inside with the AC checking groceries.
    I did not find the pay fair or competitive. It is hard to make a profit working at this company. I had to work 2 other jobs at the same time to support my family.
    In order to get hours at the stores I worked at, you were required to be available all shifts. Be prepared to work night weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging people to grow. Learn how to put your aces in their places. Consider promoting people based on their skill set and experience.

2. "Whole Foods Market - Prepared Foods"

Former Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Prepared Foods Team Member in Boston, MA

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay. The company doesn't fleece your paycheck from random fees. The Managment was upbeat and caring

Cons

Be prepared to deal with snooty customers with unrealistic demands like requiring a slice of meat to be so paper thin that it becomes translucent.

Advice to Management

Put more people to work in rush hour shifts.