Whole Foods Market - Excited About New Opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Excited About New Opportunities"

Current Employee - Store Demo Specialist in Woodmere, OH
Current Employee - Store Demo Specialist in Woodmere, OH

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This particular store has a great working environment. People get the job done, but don't stress too much. Lots of room for growth and a great philosophy anyone can be proud of!

Cons

Shopper demographic is a bit all over the place, so it is difficult to predict what they want/need.

Advice to Management

None at this point

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

"all natural and organic b.s."

Former Employee - Specialty Team Member in Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - Specialty Team Member in Glastonbury, CT

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the discounts, wage, fellow employees and most of the products were pretty great. I enjoyed my initial few months of work here.

Cons

horrible upper management treats employees as underlings. hired me under the pretense that my school schedule was no problem; quickly put me on the schedule 5 days a week at 35 hours, after I had been hired as a 20-25 hour a week employee. production is their TOP priority, so when sales were lower than normal, extreme measures were used to scare employees into working "harder". Overall, the literature and facade of Whole Foods being a mecca for wonderful employee treatment is ridiculous

Advice to Management

we're people with lives of our own, and do not want to be tethered into breaking our backs to present the gelato as we would our first born child. sorry.

2. "Great to work at a place that encourages positive social and environmental impact"

Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels good to work at a place that is not singularly focused on the bottom line, but also encourages workers and customers to be eat healthy and be responsible for the sake of the environment. Managers treat employees fairly and considerately. The team is usually in good spirits and there are very few issues with different personalities. There is clear communication and understanding of responsibilities.

Cons

Customers can be demanding and not particularly considerate. Parking is a bit of an issue. You are required to work many holidays.