Whole Foods Market - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in New York, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in New York, NY

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Whole Foods is a great company to work for with many great people. For the most part, it is a very environment to work in.

Cons

It is a big company so you can get lost in the shuffle if you do not try to stand out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Dont grow too quickly.

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

"My time with Whole Foods served a definite purpose, but I left with a bad taste in my mouth."

Former Employee - Associate Wine Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Wine Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unmatched quality standards.
    Well-respected and recognized brand.
    Welcoming to all backgrounds.
    Career building opportunities.
    Good perks.

Cons

Dishonest benefit structure.
    Dishonest corporate culture.
    Unintelligent leadership.
    Lack of focus on core values.
    Lack of reward for merit.

Advice to Management

Upon hitting a threshold of 2000 hours, I was promised a certain amount of money in my Health Savings Account as part of the Whole Foods Market benefits. I separated from the company shortly after completing 2000 service hours, and was then told I was no longer eligible for these additional funds due to separating before they were paid out. I was in a powerless position to fight the company since I had left, and would not want to incur more legal fees than the money Whole Foods owed me. Should they ever be taken to court for such practices, I hope to testify against them. Management and corporate should be treating such issues with greater integrity and honesty, both values that leadership at Whole Foods often lacks.

Those running the Southwest Region are not qualified for leadership by any measure of the imagination. The culture there hinges upon sucking up and seniority in favor of performance, and it was amazing to me that such inept people were in charge of an enduring and strong brand. If and when the bottom falls out from Whole Foods, or some formidable competition comes around (with equal quality standards, not those of Trader Joe's), I will chuckle, knowing it was only a matter of time before Whole Foods learned they would have to shape up.

2. "Great Company, Good Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Grocery Buyer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Grocery Buyer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than a year)

Pros

always room for growth, they love to hire from within- it helps to have a friend working there to get an interview- good market sharing, great retirement/401 K, decent insurance.

Cons

really low base pay if you don't have a college degree

Advice to Management

keep an open mind when you are hiring, if someone doesn't accept your offer the first time don't blackball them if they apply another later time.