Whole Foods Market - Whole Foods Market Park Lane Review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Whole Foods Market Park Lane Review"

Current Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay of $10.00 per hour. Whole Foods Market Park lane is not discriminatory against appearances. A small majority of Team Members are friendly.

Cons

Week to week work schedules are not consistent. Department leaders not associated with your department have tendencies to assume a position of direct leadership over other department team members. Guests can be difficult to deal with at times because of store policies and management is not helpful in acting a neutral presence. Instead, management will favor guests no matter what the situation is while dismissing the Team Member involved completely unless another Team Member stands up for you. As a Christian it is a very stressful environment with many conflicts against my relationship with God but He gives me guidance to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Listen. Give to Team Members the way you expect to be treated and given.

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Team Member"

Former Employee - Team Member in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Team Member in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good discount, especially in Hawaii. great atmosphere.

Cons

Supervisors are too quick to write up employees.

Advice to Management

be flexible.

"The Best are Left Behind"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Products, you can trust that the products you sell are the best out there. Great care is taken to keep company standards in this area. Paid Benefits add to lower wages, after sustained time with the company, they get better, and better.

Cons

Lack of equal opportunity, I see a lot of 'friends' moving up in the company rather than people who work consistently. Personal benefits abound, you always see the Leaders treating themselves better than Team Members.

Advice to Management

Treat your Team Members the way you are treated by your leaders. Mutual respect, shared glory, and opportunities. I am with the guest daily, it is me that they come to see me, and thank me all the time. But yet, I never recieve a thank you from my Leaders for a job well done. Be more accountable yourself. And stop dancing for the upper Leadership, we waste so much time and money for walk throughs. It drives me crazy, after they leave, things go back. Dance for our guests, they spend their money there.