Whole Foods Market - Awesome experience and people, management(associate and normal team leaders) are a little political but nothing major | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Awesome experience and people, management(associate and normal team leaders) are a little political but nothing major"

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Dishwasher in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Whole Foods Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, amazing benefits(even as a pt20 employee), great stock options, Personal Wellness Account, very liberal attendance policy, employees have to be voted on by the majority of the department that they work in greatly reducing the number of "lazy" employees

Cons

Its a grocery store but beyond that it is an amazing place to work!

Advice to Management

Advancement seems to be cliquish to a point, I have seen an employee with lesser skills and motivation be accepted to a position because of what I am assuming is "seniority". The individual had been working in the same dept for 3 years and got the specialist position because he "needed to advance" even though there were other applicants that I had observed with far better computer skills, a deeper understanding of the network, and was far more sociable. The two applicants that did not get the position were both employed at WholeFoods Market(Academy Location in Albuquerque) for under a year and a half(I did not apply for this position)

Other Employee Reviews for Whole Foods Market

"Great company, until you become a part of management!"

Former Employee - Produce Team Leader in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Produce Team Leader in Houston, TX

I worked at Whole Foods Market full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, good work life balance as a team member. Not so much as a Team Leader where you often have to work off of the clock to meet unrealistic expectations because overtime will get you written up.

Cons

Very strict company with high standards and sometimes unrealistic expectations for Team Leaders.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't know what to say to management but I will say this. If you continue to lose all of the great people that make this company great, how long can you stay at the top of your game?

2. "“Overall, its a good place to work and pay is pretty fair.”"

Current Employee - Receiver in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Receiver in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Whole Foods Market part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for 3 plus years and it is a great company to work for. They always made me feel welcome and like family of the company. The benefits are amazing!

Cons

I have been working at Whole Foods Market
    Pros – good pay for a base in the city and good hours that are very flexible
    Cons – dont have any dislike for whole foods at the moment i started till now
    – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company