KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the worst work experiences I've ever had

Jul 18, 2021 - Frozen/Dairy Department Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, comfortable environment, friendly coworkers, discount on good food, a lot of freedom to do things your way.

Cons

The favoritism alone is extremely discouraging. I watched multiple people with little or no experience get promoted into Buyer, Team Leader, and Associate Team Leader positions they could not handle, so of course, the workload gets passed on to those below. In the store I worked at, there is very little accountability, and I was promoted quickly, so I was picking up the slack for team members below me and getting paid less. I dreaded my days off because I'd come back to a train wreck. Store leadership told me what I wanted to hear and absolutely did not follow through. I put in a lot of time and energy to improve terrible conditions, but it was ultimately on me alone to maintain it, while others skated by. They say there is a open, welcoming culture, but what they mean is that they want you to be quiet, smile, and nod. It was by far the most disappointing work experience I've ever had, as I thought this would be a good company to put my energy into.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Money!

May 21, 2022 - Grocery Stocker in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of money good food

Cons

Didn't let me eat the food

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

favoratism, nepotism, understaffing oh my!

May 19, 2022 - Everything
    Business Outlook

Pros

the discount and sometimes the people

Cons

you will likely never get to move up or transfer departments unless you're in the clique or friends with people. everyone is cheating on their spouses with each other. if you dont go to the lame parties and have sex with all your coworkers, you will be overlooked so the TL can hire their own friends. you will do the work of 3+ people for the wage of one because Amazon knows they can squeeze every last drop of productivity out of you and throw you away - however, your hard work will NEVER be recognized, until you begin to slow down that is and then you'll be treated like you're lazy for not overworking yourself. team leads and store leaders lack empathy your schedule will be as random and horrible as humanly possible. ive seen at least 5 people scheduled a shift lasting til 1 am, given one day off and then scheduled a shift starting at 3:45 AM. the TL knows its a problem but doesn't care. she probably does it on purpose. god forbid you remember what working for this company USED to be like. we all knew there would be changes but it's worse than expected. you will not be valued, you will not be respected, you will be worked to burnout and NO ONE WILL CARE that you quit.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Whole Foods Market.

Whole Foods Market Photos

+ Add Photo
Whole Foods Market photo of: Headquarters of Whole Foods located in Austin, TX  (Photo attributed to Aspersions - )
Whole Foods Market photo of: Packing and Staging Area 1
Whole Foods Market photo of: Packing and Staging Area 2
Whole Foods Market photo of: Whole Foods Market at 4 minutes drive to the southwest of insurance advisor Dayton HORAN
Whole Foods Market photo of: lack of routine cleaning