WideOrbit - WideOrbit was a great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for WideOrbit

"WideOrbit was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Integrations Developer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Integrations Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at WideOrbit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WideOrbit is a great place to work. Comfortable offices, lots of free food, challenging environment in a company growing quickly but with nice people rather than the pompous jerks that permeate so many fast growing companies.
WideOrbit has the stability of a large company (something like $180MM in backlog) and 300+ employees, but the feel of a small company/start-up.

Cons

Sometimes the company has been too loyal to long term employees that aren't pulling their weight.
Lots of different offices and people working in remote areas for a smallish company.

Advice to Management

I saw some efforts towards additional training before I left (and hiring of 2 FT Training managers), but in general more ongoing training is needed.

Other Employee Reviews for WideOrbit

"Solid, high-growth, pre-IPO company with nice people, great work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WideOrbit full-time

Pros

WideOrbit is a solid company that continues to enjoy rapid growth and a leadership position in the marketplace. It has a solid, approachable management team that is well respect amongst the employees and within the industry. Given the size, everyone still has visibility and opportunity to make an impact, and the company has a good vision of where it intends to be in the near and distant future.

On a human level, people are genuinely nice. Everyone seems to care about creating a positive work environment and there's a real sense of collaboration. I haven't seen one pissing match yet, and I've certainly seen my share of them in other software companies over the years.

Cons

There's currently no formal structure for reviews, raises and bonuses, so it's up to you and your manager to work it out. This could be good or bad, depending on what you're used to. Of course, as the company grows, this will probably change.

Advice to Management

To upper management, I'll say stay the course!

2. "Great company! Stable and growing, solid combo!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WideOrbit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WideOrbit has a supportive management staff, they provide a flexible work environment with great work/life balance. WideOrbiters are creative and fun people to work with. Also, you are given the resources to do your job - technically and in other ways. It's great experience to be with a company as it grows quickly and see that first hand.

Cons

Company is spread out, so it'd be nice to get together more often. Broadcasting is a huge learning curve if you aren't from the broadcasting industry, but people are really helpful.