Wilcox Farms - WIlcox Family Farms: Treats you like family | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wilcox Farms

"WIlcox Family Farms: Treats you like family"

Former Employee - Regional Merchandiser in Roy, WA
Former Employee - Regional Merchandiser in Roy, WA

Pros

Wilcox cares about their employees. They are focused on being an environmentally sound company. They have perused and obtained every possible accreditation relating to egg production & environmental protection. They look for employees that share the same environmental views. Their company vision is strong. I was always able to get feedback on performance with constructive criticism. Working below management, I was proposed many ways to change processes and was able to implement them. Even though I was an hourly employee, management gave me the respect and control I needed to to my job well. Wilcox lets employes have a good work/life balance. They contribute to the local community more than most companies.

Cons

Communication lines get crossed between managers and other employees. I did not feel that I received enough training before starting work. I had to learn on the job things I should have been told. When I requested more training, I promptly received it, but from an employee that cut major corners. It seemed like Wilcox did not want to 'rock the boat' with its customers when it was necessary. This kind attitude was great for employees, but when it comes to making business deals with customers, it was their flaw. I would have liked to have received more recognition for what I accomplished.

Advice to Management

Continue to respect employees and respect the community.

Other Employee Reviews for Wilcox Farms

1. "Loving Family!!!!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Roy, WA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Roy, WA

I worked at Wilcox Farms part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working for Wilcox Family Farms. I was hired to help out in the human resources office and it felt like a family away from a family.

Cons

It is a chicken farm so sometimes the smell of the chickens gets up there.

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing, You guys will always have a place in my heart as I continue on human resource journey

Wilcox Farms Response

Jun 12, 2017 – HR Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, keeping the family business feel is a big part of working here!

"Sales Department Unorganized"

Former Employee - Sales in Roy, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Roy, WA

I worked at Wilcox Farms full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The family is kind. If you're willing to work hard, you'll get exposure to much more than your were hired for. Their starting pay for farm workers is higher than typical.

Cons

Pay for higher level positions and commissions are lacking. Compensation does not match the workload. Poor internal organization and frequent turnover plague several departments.

Advice to Management

Let your managers manage and don't take advantage of hard workers.