Wildfire Interactive - Loving My Job | Glassdoor

"Loving My Job"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Constant opportunities to learn; within and outside of my department. Smart, fun-loving people. Victoria Ransom is an incredible CEO, with a great vision and honest leadership. Management listens. Dynamic environment

Cons

Our growth explosion has certainly caused some challenges, so for those who don't operate well in ambiguity this may not be the place for you. Large, but still has some of the issues of a smaller start up in terms of organization, communication, and hiring qualified management.

Advice to Management

Continue to be uncompromising in the talent we hire. Especially when it comes to individuals who have exhibited both high mental aptitude and a track record of hard work.

Other Employee Reviews for Wildfire Interactive

1. "Great place, some growing pains"

Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are really fun and really drive. The atmosphere is great. It's a super exciting time right now.

Cons

There are definitely some growing pains. A solid amount of management problems (in terms of who they are and how inexperienced they are).

Advice to Management

Be transparent.

"Inspiring but Not Quite There"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Wildfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many people in this company are motivated individuals. Many people are friendly and create an atmosphere where people are interested in building relationships with their coworkers to strengthening the company.

The marketing team has generated great excitement for the company. The company is making headway the market with clients and the public.

The little perks are nice; snacks, drinks.

There is definitely lateral mobility within workplace.

Many people feel as if they have a chance to really make a visible impact on the business.

The CEO, Victoria Ransom is inspiring, great energy and comfortable to work for.

Cons

Commuting from San Francisco to Redwood City is time consuming and energy killing. (Other companies offer free shuttle services from multiple stop points in SF to their offices in redwood city and SV). I understand this is not management's fault that I live in SF, but your company recruited me, and I like living in SF- same with half the office.

Also related to the LONG commute: Work from home days are very limited. I usually feel a negative push back from management when I ask to work from home. Previous CV companies I have worked for allowed me to work from home one day a week. Helps a lot.

Super long hours, even by industry standards. (with low pay, doesn't help) Compared to similar companies in this field, the benefits and pay are not up to par. (salary, medical, 401k, etc.).

Need more mentors, leaders for the entry level employees (ex. sales teams need more mentors/managers).

Many employees work after office hours (especially in Sales/Client Services) but management doesn't seem to care if you're not in office.

Advice to Management

Think about offering a shuttle from the city of SF to the office. It may save the company money in cal train tickets for their employees. Ans it will save the employees money on an hours drive of gas. You may have more energized and happier employees at the end of the day.

Recognize the hard work and efforts that your employees putting into the company and share their accomplishments with other teams.

Salaries and benefits need major upgrades.

When bringing on new sales managers, maybe train them a little longer (In the end they train us).