Wiline - Not a lucrative place for sales & commissions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wiline

"Not a lucrative place for sales & commissions."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA

Pros

When I first started at Wiline, it seemed to be a promising start-up telecommunications company. Good people, flexible hours, good benefits. From what the recruiters and sales manager told me, Wiline would be taking over the San Francisco Bay Area with a great product.

Cons

In my brief time there, it was discovered that the executive and sales management had very unrealistic expectations from its employees. There is always a certain amount of turnover when it comes to sales, but this was ridiculous. People would be there for maybe 3 months with hardly any training or guidance. But if you didn't perform, you were out of there.

Advice to Management

Training. Your employees need to understand what they're selling, who they want to sell it to and why. Just handing someone a stack of business cards and brochures isnt going to go very far.

Wiline Response

Nov 4, 2014 – VP HR

Thank you for your input. I note your message was a long time ago (2008). We rarely lose Sales employees now due to our compensation package and our whole introduction training has been ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Wiline

1. "A company that is going places"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Wiline full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company that huge plans to expand - a great opportunity to get in at the a point where they are past the start up up pains and getting to the growth phase. Lots of opportunities to learn new technologies and work with different teams.

Cons

It is fast paced - you will need all your energy to keep up. But if you are ambitious and want to be rewarded when you go the e the extra mile this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep the team spirit going and communicate communicate communicate!

2. "Company with fantastic potential"

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Carlos (Uruguay)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Carlos (Uruguay)

I have been working at Wiline full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent working environment were you are encouraged to engage and contribute to the overall goals of the organization. Huge potential for growth with this organization that is only going one place and that is up. Senior management team are very supportive and its rare you see a team at this level so tightly knit it oozes success.

Cons

While undoubtedly the rewards are there you need to work hard and contribute to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep the strategy , keep the teams together and shoot for the stars.