Wiline - Not a lucrative place for sales & commissions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Wiline

"Not a lucrative place for sales & commissions."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Foster City, CA

Pros

When I first started at Wiline, it seemed to be a promising start-up telecommunications company. Good people, flexible hours, good benefits. From what the recruiters and sales manager told me, Wiline would be taking over the San Francisco Bay Area with a great product.

Cons

In my brief time there, it was discovered that the executive and sales management had very unrealistic expectations from its employees. There is always a certain amount of turnover when it comes to sales, but this was ridiculous. People would be there for maybe 3 months with hardly any training or guidance. But if you didn't perform, you were out of there.

Advice to Management

Training. Your employees need to understand what they're selling, who they want to sell it to and why. Just handing someone a stack of business cards and brochures isnt going to go very far.

Wiline Response

Nov 4, 2014 – VP HR

Thank you for your input. I note your message was a long time ago (2008).
We rarely lose Sales employees now due to our compensation package and our whole introduction training has been... More

Other Employee Reviews for Wiline

"Another WiLine casualty"

Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Wiline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Original local team was great
    Good location
    Casual dress code led to relaxed working environment
    Flexible working hours
    Supportive team locally

Cons

Failure to deliver on commitments both to staff and customers.

A bullying nature that stems from the very top, that had become acceptable behaviour.

A worrying lack of ethics that runs deep through the company and is encouraged and seen as the norm.

A company with a lot to hide, just don't uncover it if you want to keep your job.

Advice to Management

Don't think that all the staff you wronged have gone quietly John.... OUR representative will be in touch...

"Poorly run and managed Company"

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Bray, Co. Wicklow (Ireland)

I worked at Wiline full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress and you can work from home if you're in the right department.

Cons

Really low salaries, over worked CS staff and terrible interference from absentee Management with new rules being implemented with short notice. Stress inducing job with poor supervision and support. Terrible hours(4pm - Midnight).

Advice to Management

Don't be so cheap on starting salaries especially if you demand a lot from your employees.