Willamette Dental Group - Great to horrible, depending on location and local management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Willamette Dental Group

"Great to horrible, depending on location and local management."

Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Portland, OR

I worked at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Clinical staff and the majority of offices are close knit and well run. Some of the nicest and hardest working people you have ever met. Huge focus on prevention and remineralization rather than drill and fill. Personal benefits were nice: PTO, medical, dental, CE funds, license assistance, optometry.

Cons

Be wary of the office you join as all it takes is one office manager or managing dentist to ruin your career. Tried to work through some serious issues and all I got were misleading statements all the way up to the end. Benefits are poor if you have dependents. 10 hour days that can run smoothly if your team is in a helpful mood but more often than not, you are seeing 12+ patients in a day almost by yourself (majority of them brand new patients right now). Obviously, this leads to some serious rushing, which then keeps you up at night thinking about what you may have missed. Then knowing about what others have missed in a chart or in a mouth as you see their patients after them.

Advice to Management

A legit exit interview by someone that is an unbiased, third party (ie. not the practice manager). I know of a bunch of amazing people who have recently left or will be leaving in the near future because of certain managers consistently labeled as fake. I can only imagine the positive feedback they send up to admin about themselves after people leave. Lastly, don't give PMs so much leeway to change company policy. When an employee knows how greener it is on the other side, and especially when that other side is within the same organization, it leaves a bad taste in an employee's mouth.

Other Employee Reviews for Willamette Dental Group

1. "Encouraging"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Willamette Dental, they invest in their employees through continuous development, and the office I'm at has encouraged my growth, thus giving me opportunities to showcase my skills. I'm currently taking classes to take my career in dental to the next level, and I am planning to work with Willamette Dental long term.

Cons

The schedules are demanding, but with the right team anything is possible.

Advice to Management

I would consider raising the starting pay for the clinical auxillary staff, it would definitely help with retention.

2. "Great and Getting Better!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Willamette Dental Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Willamette Dental Group sets an excellent example of wanting to be the Employer of Choice! The CEO is committed not only to being the best Dental Practice but also has a passion for being the Employer of Choice. The changes the company has made during the past 5 years have been transformational. We're the largest multi-specialty dental practice in the Northwest with continued strong growth. If you're looking for a long term opportunity with a company that cares about its employees and patients look no further!

Cons

With 50 plus offices effective communications is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!