William Blair - Enjoyed my years at WB | Glassdoor

"Enjoyed my years at WB"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at William Blair full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay & bonus yearly

Cons

No room for growth for the Admins

Advice to Management

Unless the manager in research likes you you don't have a chance.

Other Employee Reviews for William Blair

1. "Morale is high. People are nice. It's just a paycheck for those at the lower level."

Former Contractor - IT Liaison in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - IT Liaison in Chicago, IL

I worked at William Blair as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people there are wonderful to work with. Some in management are sincere and have good leadership qualities. The work ethic is one of detail, not a sweatshop. Detail is important with William Blair. It is one of the nicest organizations I have worked for in some time.

Cons

IT is not the best place to work if you want to work in cutting edge. Upper management was almost invisible. I could not tell you who the CIO was because I never heard his name mentioned. I've worked at similar sized or larger organization and had interactions with the CIO. This was odd for such a high profile position.

Advice to Management

None really. It's the reality of the financial industry. It is just business.

"Great Chicago Employer"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at William Blair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic first hand experience with clients, incredible learning experience across industry and function, and one of the best middle market platforms possible. For high performers and dedicated career professionals this is a wonderful experience that will accelerate any financial or strategic career. The senior professional are absolutely outstanding at what they do and are valuable mentors.

Cons

Organization is growing quickly, which has its growing pains. Specifically, lack of substantive people development program. As in any small company, experiences can vary widely from one person to another, and like-ability is often over-weighted. If you are not a savvy self-advocate this will be a challenging environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and invest in talent acquisition and retention strategy, and support the next generation of leaders for the investment banking practice.