William Jewell College - An interesting place to work. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for William Jewell College

"An interesting place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Pros

• Great People
• Impressive college
• Workplace Reputation
• Job Flexibility and Ability to Adapt
• Acceptance of new and entry-level employees

Cons

• Nearly no communication regarding institutional changes from leadership
• Lacking ability to deal with present-day problems and situations (aka, immediate relevance)
• Right hand rarely knows what the left is doing

Advice to Management

I would attempt to ensure that you enforce institutional transparency as well as guidelines that ensure accountability at all levels of operation.

Other Employee Reviews for William Jewell College

1. "Counseling Intern"

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere, great community making work life feel as comfortable as home life.

Cons

Travel from the city to Liberty was a con. But that is all.

2. "maintenance"

I have been working at William Jewell College part-time

Pros

My direct contacts are great people, for the most part. Being a small college many colleagues know each other, its always nice to receive a friendly hello from those whom I work with. For me personally I enjoy the work life balance.

Cons

Poorly managed, Unethical business practices, safety in the work place seems nonexistent and/or not taken seriously. Wages aren't comparable with a living wages, no chance for advancement, infrastructure is failing,

Advice to Management

The institution seems to stress student leadership in the classroom, on campus and in the community, which is great. However, there are individuals in leadership positions within this organization who don't make good leaders- maybe they need a leadership class or two.
    Secondly, when it comes to the admissions department they work every hard to get students to attend this college. However when I see tours with potential college students, I sense a scripted dialog as they tour campus. I think the tour needs to be more genuine, down to earth, warm and inviting. When I see these potential students touring campus, and they seem distant not engaged, not excited about William Jewell. I feel the more genuine the tour is, the more engaged the potential student will be and hopefully the more likely they would be to attend.