Williams Lea Tag - There are better places to work in NYC with capable management and steady business. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williams Lea Tag

"There are better places to work in NYC with capable management and steady business."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good healthcare and vacation days off given the company is UK based.
Good location in Soho office.

Cons

Inept senior level management who have brought many of their cronies with them from past jobs. Seem to hire based on personal friendships rather than the requisite skills and experience needed to do the job. Bar maids are hired as account reps and other inept or just out of school employees with little experience in the creative/development departments. The company doesn't pay well in comparison to other agencies so they get the bottom of the barrel with regard to talent.

Also not very good at bringing in new business or retaining existing accounts. They lost several large accounts due to their ineptness. Their managing director comes from a sales background and therefore doesn't really understand the industry or its clients business. Just because you have a Harvard degree doesn't mean you know how to run a design and production agency.

My role was supposed to have a bonus potential and formal review but I never received either although it was stated in my hire letter. The salary is low by industry standards and most people who work there live in the boroughs.

I interviewed at other agencies who are Tag's clients and their opinion of Tag is consistent with mine in that they don't have their act together and are chaotic and disorganized.

Advice to Management

Hire management who knows what they are doing and understands the business. Tag has been trying to grow their digital business but their talent has a background in traditional production and are therefore clueless although they present something different when pitching new business.

Reward and promote those who deserve it rather those who have cronies in high places and little to contribute.

Their value proposition is flawed in that they tell clients they can produce their campaigns more cheaply across international markets by utilizing the same creative from another market but in reality their developers spend more time trying to figure out what developers did in other offices when it could have been created from scratch more cost effectively.

Other Employee Reviews for Williams Lea Tag

1. "The worst experience of my professional life."

Former Employee - Legal Document Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Document Specialist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I took this job because I was desperate. The salary was satisfactory, even though I worked an 8-hour day instead of 7.5 hours, as was usual in past jobs. The benefits were comparable to others jobs.

Cons

I took the job with Williams Lea because I had been unemployed for a long time and was desperate for a full-time job. I soon discovered not to expect any support from supervisors. There was no training, even though we went through an upgrade in software. I spent my own money on a software book and a subscription to a training website because of the lack of training offered by WL. This was necessary because I was the "go-to" person for staff with questions about the software. Performance reviews were held like criminal tribunals, all negative, despite positive feedback I had received from the client staff. Suggestions about improving work was treated with hostility. Criticisms were contradictory, as though management were not working from the same script. Requirements for processing documents would change without notice. They treat their employees with contempt. It seemed to meas though they were deliberately trying to get me to quit. I have been a professional in legal for more than 25 years, with excellent references and recommendations. But at Williams Lea they treated me like I was an incompetent idiot. No matter how hard I worked to fulfill their requirements, they persisted in giving me negative reviews. There was no way to discuss problems. It was a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees' intelligence, Pay attention to problems and actually do something constructive about them instead of punishing employees for making suggestions.

2. "Decent place to work if you want to gain some experience."

Current Employee - Office Service Associate in Clayton, MO
    Current Employee - Office Service Associate in Clayton, MO

Pros

Benefits, People are nice, I have an supervisor that is willing to help and work with you, meaning work.

Cons

Promotions, tuition reimbursement, don't offer tuition reimbursement to workers if they are not already working in that position in the company. But they also don't have any openings for the position you would like to go to school for either.

Advice to Management

Top management needs to listen to associates. It is kind of hard to listen to associates "workers" when williams lea top management is all over the country and the world.