Williams - Love working for Williams | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williams

"Love working for Williams"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Our company is growing, which is much more fun than the downside we endured a few years back. Employees typically have a short commute to work (5-20 minutes) from anywhere in/around Tulsa and parking is a breeze. We have an on-site fitness center and cafeteria. Williams offers a strong 401(k) match AND a pension plan. We also have an employee stock purchase plan. Overall, our benefits are great and easy to use.

Cons

There's a perception in some areas of a good-ol'-boy network. I view our young management as both good (fresh ideas) and bad (upward movement may be stunted for some).

Advice to Management

Communicate with us either face-to-face or in a way that's not corporate-speak and sounds more like it was something you actually thought and wrote.

Other Employee Reviews for Williams

1. "good company if you want long term stability"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

Pros

The company is very laidback and is very reasonable with expectations. The company provides a good work-life balance for individuals with families and management is amenable and respectful to your needs. Company culture overall is very employee friendly. The pay package is generous compared to some competitors.

Cons

The company is painfully conservative at times as most of it middle management employees are 25+ year company veterans who think things should be done the 'good ole ways. Middle management and senior employees are resistive to change and do not seem to see the big picture [for the most part]. Innovation is said to be encouraged by upper management but often is stymied by middle management and senior employees. Vertical growth in the company is difficult to come by because management positions are not created often, you must wait in line to make manager - who are typically appointed rather than bidded competitively. Management positions rarely become open.

Advice to Management

Instill a big-picture perspective in middle management and encourage and incentivize senior staff to be innovative. Companies who do not grow will go away.

2. "Nice place"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Edison, NJ

Pros

Williams is a nice place to work

Cons

Pretty good place to work

Advice to Management

keep up good job