Williams - Great company to work for, though they are rather non-competitive in pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williams

"Great company to work for, though they are rather non-competitive in pay."

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work and safety culture.
Decent work/life balance.
They are good about getting you the training you need to do your job and grow in your career.

Cons

Non-competitive pay. They will get you in as low as they can, and raises do not necessarily reflect your annual performance evaluation.
Reorganizations are too frequent.

Other Employee Reviews for Williams

"Awesome department, but bad feeling about HR"

I worked at Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Given responsibilities and opportunity to grow unlike any other company I've worked for
    -Opportunity for self-betterment
    -Volunteering opportunities
    -Everyone is extremely friendly
    -Laidback
    -Family type feeling in certain departments

Cons

I'm pretty sure favoritism played a huge part and I got the short end of the stick. I worked hard and I saw my coworkers work their behinds off, but there wasn't enough credit to be shared it seemed. Also my HR representative always "joked around" with me, but I felt personally harassed and that she talked behind my back to turn others around me. HR was my only real bad experience, but I personally loved my job in itself. (I still think about it to this day, I'm a rather friendly person and keep out of office politics, and I've never figured out why she was so rude and unprofessional to me)

Advice to Management

be careful who you hire, there are people I know that tried to get others fired over made-up drama

"Horrible time - Manager has no business being Manager. Office politics and back-stabbing rule. Avoid at all costs."

Current Employee - Land
    Current Employee - Land

I have been working at Williams full-time

Pros

None. Working here has been a waste of time.

Cons

One of the worst places I have worked. Professional development does not exist. Support does jot exist. Number one rule - follow office politics. Inefficient use of employees and resources. Employees treated horribly and not trusted. Offices disorganized and technically "in the dark ages". Number two rule - trust no one.

Advice to Management

Stop having non-qualified managers and supervisors acting as managers and supervisors.