Williams - Good opportunity for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williams

"Good opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

Pros

High level of responsibility
Respect
Good workplace relationships

Cons

Compensation is below par
Organization is not up to par

Advice to Management

Other Employee Reviews for Williams

"Mixed feelings about the experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Williams has wonderful benefits, contributes to the betterment of the community, has many talented and intelligent people working for them. A permanent position with the company is definitely worthwhile, esp if you can get into a department with good management.

Cons

Williams will lead contractors to believe a permanent job is on the horizon for them (one for certain was kept on a leash for 4 years), and then never deliver. I know of many who were treated as I was. They use the older contractors to train the younger college recruits, and then let the older contractors go, even ones who have been loyal contributors to Williams for over a year. Some of these "older" contractors were under 35! I was a contractor trying to get a permanent position with the company. A great deal of money was invested in training me which turned out to be a complete waste as a VP would not approve the position to be permanent. I noticed a great deal of resources spent in other areas as well that were seemingly wasted regularly due to politics and power struggles.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the older worker who brings experience and maturity to the company. I understand the desire to try to keep the young professionals in Tulsa, but to mistreat and use the older professional shows a lack of class and will cause them to leave Tulsa instead, and take their skills with them. Eventually, the younger professionals will also leave for greener pastures in other states, after they've made their mistakes at Williams. If you want to hire a college recruit, do not kick a contractor out of the position they've been working in for months and sometimes years to do that. It is better business practice to do right by people. The long term rewards are much better for the health of the company.

2. "Not as professionally rewarding as I would have liked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Pros

In Tulsa it is a decent place to work.

Cons

Decisions by consensus lead to a very slow decision making process.