Williams-Sonoma - Great place to work.... but not to go very far up the corporate ladder. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

"Great place to work.... but not to go very far up the corporate ladder."

Former Employee - Furniture Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Furniture Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

The best reasons to work for WS is the discount and friends made at work. I loved all the great people I worked with. The discount was great, I have a house full of stuff from all the brands. My whole kitchen is from WS. Now I am so spoiled I will accept nothing less than top quality household goods. Upper management did listen to us when we were having issues with customers. We did have a people first attitude. My customers were treated very well, I always went above and beyond to make them happy..

Cons

Even with a college degree could not move up as far as i wanted

Advice to Management

Treat everyone like humans....understand that working with some customers can be very stressful

Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

1. "The discount is the best reason to work here"

Current Employee - Intentionly Left Blank in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Intentionly Left Blank in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

the discount is the best reason. you can see all the new items and get lots of sale items. The benifits are pretty good for the amount i make, since i am single. My coworkers do make it fun to work there, but only 3 of us are left from when i started. most mangers are good at their jobs and seem to care about us and the customers.

Cons

Now since not very many employees left, can't take time off. Some of the new customer policys are strict, and they aren't used to it so they are not very happpy and take it out on us.

Advice to Management

i would apporve of lowering the employee discount or taking more VTO to keep my job.

"Don't work for Williams Sonoma"

Current Employee - Distribution Planner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Distribution Planner in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company will keep you doing the same job as long as is good for the them, the employee comes last!

Cons

Promotions take forever, pay is not great, no bonuses. If you do a good job, there is no incentive.

Advice to Management

Reward your employees better; keep the talent in the company, no wonder why so many people leave!