Williams-Sonoma - Great at first until management stops caring about their own employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

"Great at first until management stops caring about their own employees."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great discount, most of the people that work there are great and easy to get along with, flexible schedule (most of the time)

Cons

Management is never on the sales floor! Short-staffed and associates are abused and overworked because the management is too cheap to hire more associates to be on the sales floor. All the company cares about now is getting customers to sign up for the Williams-Sonoma credit card.

Advice to Management

Hire more associates to work! Stop nagging about the credit card, actually MANAGE the store and not find any excuse to be in the back office away from customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

1. "William Sonoma Company Review"

Former Employee - Inventory Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Inventory Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very productive if interested in do hands on task and constantly learning in a fast paced environment.

Cons

Based on how an employee is hired in no guarantee for permanency, based on their production can get possible laid off until further notice. Employee satisfaction is very low in the department I worked due to insensitivity.

Advice to Management

To management there need to be more of a leadership role taken place instead of a boss.

"If you like micro-mangement, being treated like a child, and cliques - work here"

Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Corporate Customer Relations in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was decent for what it was at the time, and I enjoyed my actual job if people would have just let me do it.

Cons

Drama, cliques, politics, micro-management, management was completely incompetent, employee seminars felt like we were back in grade school and a complete waste of time - employee turn over rate is very high. I was in so many words, asked to treat customer service representatives like crap, and if I didn't do a good enough job, I was reprimanded for it. Ugh! Terrible!

Advice to Management

Look at your employee turn-over rate, stop treating employees like kids.