Williams-Sonoma - Very physically demanding | Glassdoor

"Very physically demanding"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice coworkers, learned about merchandise and techniques. VERY generous discounts.

Cons

Horrible shifts, short notice on scheduling makes planning your own life very difficult. All housekeeping is done by sales staff. Floor scrubbing, oven cleaning, TOILET cleaning. So very misleading when you apply and interview.

Advice to Management

Hire store managers who can actually handle their jobs appropriately. Not overly tense, stressed out, snippy ones. Don't bother sharing store goals with sales people. Nobody actually keeps track of sales other than manager grumbling about it. Employees sell as much as they can. Not exactly keeping track since not in commission.

Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

1. "Too many tasks for sales associates"

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent discounts, nice co workers, beautiful atmosphere, learned much about products

Cons

Sales people had to do ALL housekeeping, stockroom was full of ladders we had to climb to get merchandise, shifts were poorly managed...schedules written very late so no time to plan your life. No permanent shifts, unclear and no support for finding substitute, management of store was unreasonable with pushing sales associates to make goals.

Advice to Management

Store manager was impatient, intimidating, demanding. I only worked evenings to balance with raising young kids...I'd get sent home early from my few shifts a week...the effort to get there and the drive were not worth 2 hrs at minimum wage. I'd be expected to come into morning and weekend meetings when I wasn't scheduled to work. Also needed to work inventory when I was NOT able to be away from home. I paid babysitter my exact salary just so I could keep manager from hating me.

2. "Currently well managed. After 6 years and 3 different General Managers everything and everyone seem to be doing well."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent products support by a well trained staff. We get personal with our customers and want them to feel well taken care of during their shopping experience as well as after with our Clienteling support; keeping customers up to date with our new offering and specials.

Cons

Employees are constantly required to do more with no increase in hourly rate. Over the six years the most I have received for a raise is $.55.

Advice to Management

Better wages that match what we do for our customers.