Williams-Sonoma - Cool brand, needs improvement - great learning | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Williams-Sonoma

"Cool brand, needs improvement - great learning"

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun products, intelligent people who have been there for a while

Cons

everyone is very stuck in their way of doing things. no one is moving forward with the marketplace. middle/senior management don't understand the workflow at the bottom of the totem pole.

Advice to Management

keep the morale up!

Other Employee Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

"Lots of work with little empowerment."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best reasons to work here: discount, get to cook, create and eat and get to chat with very passionate customers.

Cons

The cons are the workload placed on the team can be overwhelming. The company is very reactionary to business and can expect you to change directions in a very small window of time. Classic case of little hours to run the business and lots of tasks. The store systems are prehistoric and takes forever to use.

Advice to Management

Enough with all of the tasks! Create some sort of exit strategy for old signage and paperwork. Stop being fear mongers about the competition.

"Lost in the shuffle of excuses not to act professionally!"

Former Employee - Design Specialist in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Design Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice environment,,,,,,,terrible co workers and management

Cons

Retail side... this is the worst corp. I have ever worked for ,,, I have been bullied by all management... told I couldnt drink water or use the bathroom till lunch.....Volunteered for a full day for at work for St. Jude's and never was thanked for working all day for free.. good cause though... But I have to drive over an hour and a half to get there... plus the on call shifts at Pottery Barn would call you all the way in and send you home 30 min later.. Employees are very scared of the Bullying and it makes it a miserable place to work!!

Advice to Management

Rethink your entire module and how to treat employees fairly and _Legally_______!!!!! Your management were bullying from the beginning.........I have worked lots of retail with Nordstroms , Baker furniture and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had................ I know you won't read this since you sent my last paycheck to wrong address and bounced my bank account over HUNDRED DOLLARS.. then HR hung up on me twice b/c they didn't feel like dealing with it since I had left...